Clear mobile phone bill through a DRO?

in IVA & DRO
5 replies 913 views
TMOTMO Forumite
91 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hello'

I know someone who filled for bankruptcy last year and he was told by his OR that he would not be able to use bankruptcy as a way to clear his mobile phone bills as they are between you and private companies? This usual? So... Would I not be able to clear my 3 mobile phone debts through a DRO?

Replies

• peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sorry, but that is bull !!!!!!, mobile phone bills, up to the date of BR can be included, so can contracts that you would not normally be able to cancel.

I don't know anything outs DRO's though, but I would presume you could include them.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • TMOTMO Forumite
    91 Posts
    Forumite
    That is what I said to him, I was surprised he told me that. I thought the point of bankruptcy is to clear you from all creditors with an exception. So his OR screwed him? Lol..
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    [QUOTE=TMO;21985531_So_his_OR_screwed_him?_Lol..[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it :D

(I had a £80 Virgin mobile go into my BR BTW)
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • TMOTMO Forumite
    91 Posts
    Forumite
    Well I have a vodafone bill which defaulted at £507, an orange bill balance at £224, a tmobile at £32 and o2 which defaulted at £191.

If I ring up tmobile and orange and default on them to, I will get these taken off aswell right? Would it matter if its defaulted or not?
  • elfiebelfieb Forumite
    530 Posts
    Mobile phone bills can be included in a DRO.

Dont think it matters if you have defaulted or not, should a DRO be approved, your account will then go into default even if it hasnt done so already
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK