Is skytalk BT?

Options
cheghead
cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
I have just cancelled sky tv/bb/skytalk and need to get a new bb/line rental supplier. I was paying all the bills including my line rental for skytalk to sky. However does this mean I am still on a BT line when it comes to finding a new bb supplier?:confused:

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 29 May 2009 at 4:51PM
    Options
    Surely, if you've cancelled Sky and they were your line rental supplier, you are not on any line now.

You cannot sign up for a new ISP until you have a working landline again but, as luck would have it, BT have a free connection offer on until the end of June. 18 month contract and some T&Cs to comply with but free is free.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    I am on 31 day notice period so everything is still connected at the moment.
  • ACDeag
    ACDeag Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cheghead wrote: »
    I have just cancelled sky tv/bb/skytalk and need to get a new bb/line rental supplier. I was paying all the bills including my line rental for skytalk to sky. However does this mean I am still on a BT line when it comes to finding a new bb supplier?:confused:

I think you will find your phoneline will be cut off at the end of the notice period, if you have not arranged for anyone esle to take it over.

What you should do is cancel your cancellation then ask BT (or anyone else who will do it) to take your line back and follow their instructions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure