A couple of things to be aware of when claiming JSA

Options
Hi just thought I would highlight a couple of situations that have meant a delay in JSA being paid.

1st, My husband had an interview in London on a Friday, the same day he was due to sign on, he notified them that he had an interview and gave them the relevant proof and requested to sign on earlier that day as he would not be able to make his scheduled time and would not be back before them closing.
He was told they could not make his signing time earlier so rescheduled it for the following Monday. This meant his JSA was not paid into our bank until the next Friday, a few days late.
I am aware that they need to have you sign on to process the claim, but what would they prefer you sign on the correct day and receive your benefit or go to an interview to try to get a job.

2nd, Due to some confusion with dates and being put onto income based JSA, we had an arrears payment go into our bank, but as this was actioned the same day as my Husbands normal JSA payment the computer cancelled this as only one payment was apparently allowed.

Just thought it was a couple of things to be aware of if you are on a tight budget like us and were banking on your benefits going in the same day as normal.

Kirsty

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family