JSA Query

Options
I'm currently looking for work and receiving JSA and due to go for a fortnightly resigning next Tuesday and have been signing on since November.

I'm a recent graduate (Summer 08) and Have heard that there is to be a graduate placement scheme setup for graduates who arnt able to find work, starting at the end of the year for those who have been out of work for over a year.

I have been ringing round employment agency's again and one may have some work in a foundry next week that could potentially be ongoing... If I take this work and obviously sign off JSA and it doesn't work out at the Foundry will my claim start again from the perspective of the training courses?

I'm concerned that a weeks work might scupper a chance at getting onto a training scheme that could be better in the long run.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have more details of the graduate placement scheme? I have heard of one for under 25's, but not specifically for grads.

There is a linking period on JSA claims of 12 weeks (this may have changed, someone will correct me if it has), which means that your entitlement will be the same if you have to claim within 12 weeks of closing your claim. However, this linking period may not apply to eligibility for this training scheme, which may (or may not) require continuous eligibility.

TBH I think that the only people that can answer this question are those that administer the scheme.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • c0113tt3
    c0113tt3 Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2009 at 12:39PM
    Options
    claims link within a period of 12 weeks, but in this case for course eligability the break has to be no more than 28 days.
  • rpmn12
    rpmn12 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know any details, Only whats been reported in the press. I am under 25 so that might have been what I was thinking of.
  • rpmn12
    rpmn12 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    c0113tt3 wrote: »
    claims link within a period of 12 weeks.

I think thats probably the key, Would that apply to new deal which I assume I'll be put on at 6 Months - Which I'll be approaching soon?!
  • c0113tt3
    c0113tt3 Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2009 at 12:52PM
    Options
    once you start new deal and had a gateway interview, everything links back 12 weeks.

For example, if you signed off after your gateway, and returned 11 and a bit weeks later, you are back onto new deal.

if you signed off before attending the gateway, and did not return to the jc until after 28 days, then you would not be eligable for new deal until a further 6 months.

This is all down to the client status flag.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure