Its allready on the Dark side.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pawpurrs wrote: »
    Its allready on the Dark side.

Is that the board that has house prices in the title? Would make sense ...:confused::D

anyway, from the artical:
    Although the short-term trend in house prices has clearly improved from where it was at the beginning of the year, it is still too early to say that the market is turning definitively. "During the downturn of the early 1990s, there were many months during which prices rose, only to fall back down again in subsequent periods. In the current downturn, the combination of rapidly rising unemployment and tight access to credit implies that the last of the price declines has probably not been seen yet."

seems right. The financial bods who post here say MoM is not as relevent as we'd like to think, and that makes sense. HP IMO are a symptom, not a cuase, and that the larger economy is not yet fixed is not a positive sign.
  • mystic_trevmystic_trev Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the board that has house prices in the title? Would make sense ...:confused::D

Yes - He seems to have been offended by my reply and removed it.

Guy how about moving this to the Debate House Prices Forum, which is where it should be!
  • googlergoogler Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less sales at the lower end of the market, due to FTBs lack of finance

+

Smaller sample size due to lower numbers of sales

=

HIgher 'average' price
  • pawpurrspawpurrs Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    My post made sense, before someone removed the post saying it should be on the other board.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • mystic_trevmystic_trev Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pawpurrs wrote: »
    My post made sense, before someone removed the post saying it should be on the other board.

Yes - it was my post Guy removed, perhaps he'd like to explain why he hasn't posted it on the correct forum.:confused:

or merged it with this thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1718307
  • Mini_BearMini_Bear Forumite
    604 Posts
    I agree with googler, i think cash rich baby boomers (not FTBs) are the majority of the participants in the mkt, lookin to get a "bargain" in the 300-500k bracket, perhaps from FTBs who overstretched themselves. Thereofre pushin up the average prices of properties.
  • MrDTMrDT Forumite
    951 Posts
    Yes - it was my post Guy removed, perhaps he'd like to explain why he hasn't posted it on the correct forum.:confused:

or merged it with this thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1718307

He can't win can he? :rotfl:

Post here and he's told it should be in the house prices forum.

Post in the house price forum and he gets derided for 'reposting' something we've already got a thread on....
  • pawpurrspawpurrs Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    No because why would he put mystric trevs post over there, merged and not the whole thread?
    I think it was an error.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides