Options
2»

Comments

• liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    j-bean60 wrote: »
    His payslips are hard to understand, but I know from experience that the CR means a debit (i.e. they have deducted this amount off his total). So, two debits of 122 and one credit of 122 = Minus 122. They did deduct the £122 last month. Last month's payslip showed Salary 1329, Unpd Leave 122 = gross pay £1207. I have got his tax and NI details so I think I will go to a salary calculator.
    Thanks for your replies.

Ok, well that means he's 122 down from last month, 122 down from this month, and still needs to be paid the 122 he's owed? So he's 366 short in total now?

I'd write a letter to payroll so there are no misinterpretations that way.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why doesnt he just go to the wages section and ask them to explain it to him?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • j-bean60
    j-bean60 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    liney wrote: »
    Ok, well that means he's 122 down from last month, 122 down from this month, and still needs to be paid the 122 he's owed? So he's 366 short in total now?

I'd write a letter to payroll so there are no misinterpretations that way.

I think I will need to write a letter, and enclose a copy of his last 2 payslips.
    There We Are Then !! ;)
  • j-bean60
    Options
    Why doesnt he just go to the wages section and ask them to explain it to him?

I'm not sure where his wages dept is as he works for the Armed Forces (although he's a civvie) and the company he works for has the catering contract at hundres of army/navy etc bases all over the world. I'll have to find out where they are based and write to them if need be.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    There We Are Then !! ;)
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You said he was underpaid last month £122. Then you say that he was actually "deducted" for unpaid leave. Those are not the same things for payroll.
    Why was he deducted the unpaid leave??? They wouldn't deduct it just like that, he must have been sick or something? Or they deducted it from the wrong person? Please explain...
    The wording might be what confused the boss and he passed the wrong message on. So I need to understand what really happened.
  • j-bean60
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    You said he was underpaid last month £122. Then you say that he was actually "deducted" for unpaid leave. Those are not the same things for payroll.
    Why was he deducted the unpaid leave??? They wouldn't deduct it just like that, he must have been sick or something? Or they deducted it from the wrong person? Please explain...
    The wording might be what confused the boss and he passed the wrong message on. So I need to understand what really happened.

He had taken two days TOIL, which he was owed. He should have been paid for them, but his wages dept assumed they were unpaid.
    His April payslip showed his normal monthly wage (£1329) then a CR of £122 for unpaid leave, leaving his gross pay at £1207. I know CR usually means credit, but not when it comes to his payslip - it's definitely a debit.
    There We Are Then !! ;)
  • Any
    Options
    Yes, you are right.
    Which means, that you are ritht all along.
    They deducted it, they they should have added it back, but instead they added it and deducted it again - twice.
    So I would writte a letter and give to OH to give to the boss, to make sure there is no confusion:
    Dear Sir,
    Please find enclosed a copy of my OH's payslips for the last two month.
    In the payslip from April a deduction for unpaid leave has been made, even though this absence was authorised by yourself and also agreed that this absence will be paid. Later on, after bringing this issue to your attention last month you confirmed this and promised to rectify the situation.

However, it seems that the payroll misunderstood the information given and even though they refunded the money as "holiday" in this month's payslip, they then also made a mistake and deducted again the unpaid leave AND once more for unauthorised leave.

My OH did not have either in this month, therefore this entry must be entry in regards to last month's payslip and is wrongly accounted for.

I believe we are now short of 2 x £122 and we would appreciate if you bring the matter to payroll's attention immediately. We would also ask to have these monies repaid as soon as the mistake is rectified as we are short of monies to pay bills by no mistake of our own.
  • Any
    edited 29 May 2009 at 12:58PM
    Options
    liney wrote: »
    They haven't deducted it twice, they have credited it twice and deducted it once meaning they have actually credited the amount once. It is correct.

Ignore what the payments are called just look at the figures:

+122
    +122
    = 244
    then
    =122

Your husband has received an overall credit (CR) of £122. they didn't deduct anything from last months wages, they simply didn't pay it at all so this is the figure he is entitled to isn't it?

What was his net pay? You can go to a salary calculator and satisfy yourself that it's correct by comparing the figures, but I think you are misinterpreting the payslip.

Exactly, look at the figures.
    Your calculation when taken in account with the basic pay and then total gross doesn't really add up.
    If you look at the OP's first post and add/deduct the amounts as they are below each other you will find that the CR are deductions.
    As someone pointed out before, that is accounting thing.
  • j-bean60
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    Yes, you are right.
    Which means, that you are ritht all along.
    They deducted it, they they should have added it back, but instead they added it and deducted it again - twice.

Thank you SO much. I had started to doubt myself this morning over this but you've confirmed what I had thought. I will certainly write a letter along the lines you've suggested. Many thanks for your help, I am really grateful.
    There We Are Then !! ;)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would actually re-word the letter to look as if it has come from OH and get him to sign it, thus "I enclose MY payslips" etc.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport