New Post Advanced Search

New Nappy Cake

6.2K replies 643.4K views

Replies

• moonpennymoonpenny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a wholesale site with really nice soft toys where you have to buy in quantities of 4 or 6 etc, but even then, they work out between £4 and £6.
    If you want to have a look it's
    www.firstplush.co.uk
    You have to register but I just stated I was researching products / prices for a new business venture.
  • I was in Primark the other day and they had the soft fleecy blankets in and also lots of teddies. Prices ranged from £1.49 to £5.00 but the £5 where quite big, so don't think they would be suitable for the top of cake. The cheaper priced ones were lovely and had different colours etc. They also had elephants, but these seemed a bit floppy (if that makes sense).

Hope this helps someone.
  • louby-lou-loulouby-lou-lou Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Iv'e just got myself all excited as i have found 2 local craft fairs but neither of the people are answering the phone! one is only £5 for a table so i am very keen to do it. Pick up please :D But once again they are really short notice so i am praying they still have room for me but at £5 a table i bet they have all gone. I wish there was a events list in the local paper so we know when and where theses things are on :rolleyes:
    :)Mummy to 2 wonderful boys :)
    Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • GiggleGiggle Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Iv'e just got myself all excited as i have found 2 local craft fairs but neither of the people are answering the phone! one is only £5 for a table so i am very keen to do it. Pick up please :D But once again they are really short notice so i am praying they still have room for me but at £5 a table i bet they have all gone. I wish there was a events list in the local paper so we know when and where theses things are on :rolleyes:
    Keeping m,y fingers crossed here for you that you can have a table ;)
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Iv'e just got myself all excited as i have found 2 local craft fairs but neither of the people are answering the phone! one is only £5 for a table so i am very keen to do it. Pick up please :D But once again they are really short notice so i am praying they still have room for me but at £5 a table i bet they have all gone. I wish there was a events list in the local paper so we know when and where theses things are on :rolleyes:

I go onto www.stallfinder.com regularly as it has loads of events and is updated constantly.

HTH
    :dance: Thanks to everybody in the crafting threads who inspired me to start my own business!!
  • louby-lou-loulouby-lou-lou Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    riggerz I have that one in my favorites i thought i had another one too but i can't find it. When i do i will post the link. I have never found the websites very helpful for my area though as in one county there isn't one single event listed.

well i am :j just got hold of one lady and she still had a table for £5 she sounded really intrested in what i do. She doesn't want payment until the day but she assured me my name is down.
    :)Mummy to 2 wonderful boys :)
    Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • vikki_louisevikki_louise Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sold my first nappy cake the other day to my physio, then yesterday my mums friend came round, saw them and brought one and then today my accupunturist has ordered one. I didnt think i would sell any as i dont see many people!

Both the orders are for boys, one doesnt have a budget (within reason!) and the other one is for around £30. I want to have a go at 3tier but havent tried them before. is there a good place to buy boys bits online or is it best to go instore? I dont have a home bargains/H&M, i really wish i did!

Have all asdas stopped selling the ellies? I never managed to get one but fell in love with them and was going to ask a relative to visit theirs.

like everyone else is finding, i find the toy is bumping the price right up, that and the pain blanket/towel
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • vikki_louisevikki_louise Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to say, has anyone been in a mother care outlet? We have one nearish to us and i wondered if its any good for cheep blankets/towels/toys/clothes etc? I saw a lady on ebay has lovely hooded towels from mothercare (not on their website) but wants £6 postage for just 3 which shoots the price up
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Bargainbabe_2Bargainbabe_2 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Hiya all,

I managed to get some silicone cupcakes thingys today from the Factory Shop. They were £3 for 12 so not exactly cheap, but I still got some and after searching high and low, I am happy to finally get some!!

Vikki, I haven't seen any Ellies for the last few weeks :o( If I did I would buy them all!!

Just finishing a blue 3 tier. Got to get the ol' hot glue gun out to seal the ribbons. I will have to upload some pics of my latest creations when I get 5. xx
    "There are no pockets in a shroud..."
  • Bargainbabe_2Bargainbabe_2 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Ooh also, bit of a tip for you.

It might not be national, but in my Sainsbury's, some of the packs of 3 WTP Muslin are scanning through at £1.75!! It has to be the ones with Tigger and Winnie "Warm and Cosy" tag on the one in the centre. There was only 1 pack left in mine as all the rest were very similar but at full price.
    "There are no pockets in a shroud..."