LlloydsTSB - Instant Payments

Options
I hope someone can help me because I can't seem to get the answer from LloydsTSB's customer service staff...

Basically, I was with Alliance & Leicester. I now do a number of payments at the end of each month and I was shocked to find that I could only transfer £250 per day as an instant payment. Anything above that amount has to go as their usual slow 3-4 working days service.

The minimum amount I transfer is £200, and then its £100 so I cant transfer the £100!

Anyway, I moved to LloydsTSB. Got paid today, go to transfer £810 to another bank account and then it says it will take 4 days! !!!!!!!

I phoned up, they said that it wont go as an instant payment as there is a security limit but she could not tell me what it was...

Does anyone know??

I dont understand why each banks acts differently on this matter? No problems whats so ever with Halifax :-(

Comments

• mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LTSB faster payments don't work at all via internet banking; they pulled them some time ago and, to the best of my knowledge, have yet to re-introduce them.

LTSB do offer faster payments via their telephone banking service. When I used to work for them the limit was £500 if I recall correctly, but this was over 6 months ago and will almost certainly have changed. They used to move the limit up and down depending on the perceived security risk. Staff members were expressly forbidden from divulging it.

Hope this helps.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • dollydoodah
    dollydoodah Posts: 722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made an online transfer of £600 from a Lloyds TSB account to a Co-Op account last week. I did it around 9pm and it was in the Co-Op account by the following morning despite it saying 4 working days. :confused: Very odd.
  • vet8
    vet8 Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Lloyds payments by internet always take at least 4 days. It is pathetic!
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Im with Natwest, and my mother transferred money to me from her Lloyds TSB online banking. It didn't go straightaway, but it was available the next day in my account. She transferred it about 1pm Tuesday and I had it 8am Wed morning.
  • vet8
    vet8 Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    CG19a wrote: »
    Im with Natwest, and my mother transferred money to me from her Lloyds TSB online banking. It didn't go straightaway, but it was available the next day in my account. She transferred it about 1pm Tuesday and I had it 8am Wed morning.

That's interesting. I transfer money from my Lloyds' account to my personal NatWest account or my OH's First Direct account every month and it always takes 4 days. Funnily enough when they first introduced faster payments it did use to happen in a day, but that stopped several months ago.
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest, it isn't a regular thing for me. But it has worked in the last 2 months.
  • bradc
    bradc Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    I sent money Lloyds TSB to Halifax at around 4pm. Said it would leave my account the following day (which it did) and arrived in my Halifax account the say it left my Lloyds account.

HSBC is by far superior for fasterpayments, Lloyds could learn a few things!

Regards
  • Sword_OF_Damocles
    Options
    It would appear that the fast payment system is now active on Lloyds online. I've made a payment and it appeared in my girlfriends account within 2 hours. Thats a LLoyds -> HSBC payment.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found earlier this month that payments of £500 went and were received on the same day, though you have to set them up one day and they go the next (presumably working) day.

I tried the same thing with £1,000 and it took the normal length of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport