template - searches

Options
Hi

Can you tell me whether there is a template to use to get a search removed from my credit file that is not meant to be there.

Many Thanks
:money:

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Can you tell me whether there is a template to use to get a search removed from my credit file that is not meant to be there.

Many Thanks
    :money:

Hi you'd be better raising an online dispute or writing to the CRA first and telling them the reasons why it shouldn't be there and ask them to investigate.

One search will not harm you though - bear in mind it could waste a lot of time and effort cos they do like to mess us around, in all honesty...
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Andy_Ches
    Andy_Ches Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    Hi you'd be better raising an online dispute or writing to the CRA first and telling them the reasons why it shouldn't be there and ask them to investigate.

One search will not harm you though - bear in mind it could waste a lot of time and effort cos they do like to mess us around, in all honesty...

If it does happen to relate to a certain catalogue i.e. SDG, don't bother as they created a further 12 searches when I asked for the duplicate they created to be removed :eek:
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Andy_Ches wrote: »
    If it does happen to relate to a certain catalogue i.e. SDG, don't bother as they created a further 12 searches when I asked for the duplicate they created to be removed :eek:

Really? actual credit searches or enquiries?

Sometimes you can get them removed I just had a similar issue with littlewoods but they relented and removed all defaults and searches - was impressed actually.... :T

however, I know what you mean they are a nightmare - I had someone from CAG do me an amazing letter and that done it! lol (its who you know, not what you know) :rotfl:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Andy_Ches
    Andy_Ches Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    Really? actual credit searches or enquiries?

Sometimes you can get them removed I just had a similar issue with littlewoods but they relented and removed all defaults and searches - was impressed actually.... :T

however, I know what you mean they are a nightmare - I had someone from CAG do me an amazing letter and that done it! lol (its who you know, not what you know) :rotfl:

lol, they are terrible I even went to the FOS.This turned out to be a waste of time.

I applied for a littlewoods account in Sept 09, they credit searched 4 times.

I asked Equifax to ask SDG to remove 3 of the duplicated seaches. 3 searches we're removed and then 3 'Additional Address searches' appeared in there place.

Then when I queried it...another 3 appeared and then queried it again...another 3 appeared!! :mad::mad:

The complaints team were totally rude and it took 3 months to reply to my complaint letter. They claim to have asked Equifax to remove ALL searches relting to them, but Equifax have no record of this and the searches are still there till this day, I'm waiting for them to drop off.

But the FOS said they couldn't help as I hadn't financially been out of pocket. But my point was that Littlewoods had no need to keep viewing my credit file under an additional address search all the time, when the same information was presented to them on the initial credit search.

Sorry for waffling but SDG make me mad :mad:
  • kilasuit
    kilasuit Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had one from the Home Learning Group that in my opinion wasnt meant to be there so i spoke to their c/s dept and ranted that they needed to make sure that ENQUIRING about courses will lead to an AUTOMATIC search and that a search should only be carried out when an applicant actually looks to take out a course with them.

but in the end it got removed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport