Next step please...

Options
I pre-ordered an item from scan.co.uk but the product has been delayed for a couple of months so I cancelled it.

The thing is the company had debited my credit card soon after my order so i requested a refund, which they were happy to do. After 5 working days after this request I hadnt been credited so i contacted them and they confirmed that it had been processed.

10 working days later still no credit and they have stopped replying to my emails... Can someone tell what my next step should be?

Thanks

Comments

• isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,205 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As you bought on a credit card I would contact them .... how much was it for?

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • TheGreenGorilla
    Options
    isplumm wrote: »
    As you bought on a credit card I would contact them .... how much was it for?

Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark

It was £153, i suppose that would be the next logical step... but that just seems like an easy way out for scan.co.uk

I definitely wont be using scam.co.uk again
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Everyone learns eventually :rolleyes: They are good when it goes right but as soon as anything goes wrong they don't want to know. I don't know how they have managed to stay in business so long.
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,205 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Mark

It was £153, i suppose that would be the next logical step... but that just seems like an easy way out for scan.co.uk

Go the card route ....scan.co.uk will not get away with it ... as the card company will chase them ... BUT don't leave it to long .... time limits!!

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • scullster
    scullster Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    Distance Selling Regs state the retailer has up to 30d to process a refund. your credit card will tell you that too - they won't move until the 30d has passed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport