🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mysterious Halifax account

Options
I have a Halifax Easycash account which I applied for just to get a Visa Electron card. I don't actually use the account very often. Out of boredom I just logged into my Halifax online banking and noticed something odd. It says I have two accounts with them. One is my Easycash account and the other just says "Bank Account" with the account number and sort code, but there are no options available for it (such as view statement, etc) and where it should say the balance of it, it is just blank.

What could this account be? The sort code is 11-02-76 if that's any help. I recently applied for a Halifax Credit Card but don't know if I've been approved for it yet. Could it be something to do with that?

Comments

• mrscruffy
    mrscruffy Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    The accounts displayed on the online banking screen are grouped according to type. e.g. "current account", "savings" and "credit cards" - What do you have?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    The account with no links to click will mean that its an old account you applied for, maybe they ran through this prior to the easycash? who knows.

To view into the account, go into the easycash and then in top right corner you'll see the drop-down box with diplay accounts. Select the bank account from the list and it then opens the options up.

However, usually when it is in this state it is a dead account or a declined account.

You can remove it by going into options and select preferences, add remove account.

HTH ;-)
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    The sort code means the account was allocated by a call centre.

So it happened as a result of a phone call!

Never-in-doubt's advice above seems to fit the bill in this case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport