🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HSBC Cheque

Options
Anyone have any idea how long a HSBC cheque will take to clear into a HSBC current account?

I thought it was same day if done before 3pm, but there seems to be conflicting info on the net and no info on the HSBC site

Thanks

Comments

• NBE
    NBE Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    If the cheque is paid into the same bank on which it is drawn, then 99% of the time it will clear the same day or the next day. If paid into another HSBC bank to which the cheque was drawn it will take a similar length of time as any other cheque.
    "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
    -- Western Union internal memo, 1876
  • Andy_Ches
    Andy_Ches Posts: 420 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2009 at 9:23PM
    Options
    DebtHater wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how long a HSBC cheque will take to clear into a HSBC current account?

I thought it was same day if done before 3pm, but there seems to be conflicting info on the net and no info on the HSBC site

Thanks

Hi DebtHater.

The money will be available for withdrawal on the 4th working day after the cheque has been paid in. i.e. I paid a Cheque into my account yesterday, it will be available for withdrawal and will show on the available balance on Friday.

Day 1 - cheque paid in (before 3pm, for non HSBC cheques, or drawn on a different HSBC sort code)
    Day 2 - cheque clearing
    Day 3 - cheque clearing
    Day 4 - available for withdrawal

If its drawn on the same sort code as your branch, paid in before 3pm it should clear in the early hours of the following day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport