Complaining to banks

Options
Hi,

The Halifax made a big balls up and my statements have been going to someone else's house.

I am writing a letter to complain about this. I was just wondering whether I can demand anything. If, for example, I complain to Tesco, I would demand a voucher. So can I demand anything from the Halifax?

Thanks
'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not unless you have financially lost anything.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2009 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Are you the second named on a current account?

I thought they'd have solved that one by now!!

I think you need to say things like "Data Protection Act breach" and "Risk of identity theft" as well as "Ombudsman".

I would go direct to their central complaints team with those sorts of phrases and ask the question "what would the Ombudsman instruct you to pay in these circumstances?".

See where it gets you.

(Having read your signature line, I hope you end up with nothing!!).

Not unless you have financially lost anything.
    I believe there is a set of circumstances here that if the bank can be shown to be at fault, any goodwill apology could fund a half-decent night out.
  • Piggles12345
    Piggles12345 Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Are you the second named on a current account?

I thought they'd have solved that one by now!!

I think you need to say things like "Data Protection Act breach" and "Risk of identity theft" as well as "Ombudsman".

I would go direct to their central complaints team with those sorts of phrases and ask the question "what would the Ombudsman instruct you to pay in these circumstances?".

See where it gets you.

(Having read your signature line, I hope you end up with nothing!!).

I believe there is a set of circumstances here that if the bank can be shown to be at fault, any goodwill apology could fund a half-decent night out.

Hi,

Thank you for that! I am drafting my letter as we speak... OOOooh I can just feel my blood boiling.

I have five accounts with Halifax and I am second name on one of them.

What has my signature got to do with anything :confused::confused:?
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    What has my signature got to do with anything :confused::confused:?

" I always cheer when Britain loses at sport"

A shocking statement! Replace the word 'Britain' with Scotland immediately !!

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family