Is my bill high??

Options

Comments

• chivers1977
    chivers1977 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Walruspaul

We got our eon bill today and it was £148 for the quarter for dualfuel for 3 bed victorian terrace. We have got a capped tariff though so prices are a bit cheaper than any more recent tariffs. We used 1000 kwh hrs of electricity and 1194 kwh of gas. We haven't had the heating on since 1st March so hardly any usage.

Come and join us at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=980757
    There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you Peter De Vries
    Debt free by 40 (27/11/2016)
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jackiebkr2,

Most energy monitors allow you to see in real time and financial value how much electricity you are using. The exact functions of an energy monitor do depend on the make and model of it.

Some models connect to your meter and record how much energy is travelling through the meter at that time. You can programme the monitor with your electricity unit prices so it can tell you how much it’s costing you in real time and value.

With other types you need to plug the appliance in to it and then plug the device into the wall socket to measure an individual appliances usage, and again cost in monetary terms.

If you’re looking to get an energy monitor make sure you read the details of the product to see the type you are buying.

Hope this helps. :)

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian,

So the one that e.on do for £30, what type of monitor is this?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi walruspaul,

You can enter the correct gas reading via the online account and a new revised bill should be created in the following couple of days. You can call in your readings as well or even use the email function via the website and request a corrected bill. :)

Remember Paul, with the online account, we will email you if reads are required for billing, as you were estimated this quarter you should have been emailed, did you get an email this time? :confused:

Again it’s difficult to say whether £150 is about right, it really does depend on your circumstances and your lifestyle however I think we can help. If you speak with our consumption department we can run through your appliances and usage to see if it matches up with your meter readings.

This will help you see and understand where the electricity goes and how it impacts on your wallet. Also as we’ve spoke about in the thread an energy monitor could help with this. :cool:

Brian
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • space_rider
    space_rider Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    My bill worked out at £875 over the year which is around £72 a month. I am on a capped product which runs out in October so will be on a lookout for a better tariff than the standard Eon tariff.

I have been careful with the electricity but did use the gas as needed over the winter as I have 2 children with chronic health problems which would be much worse had I not kept the heating on 24/7 in the cold spell.
    Options
    Hi debthater,

The Electrisave monitor has a connection to the meter.

I think it has 3 main parts, a sensor that connects to the meter, a transmitter that is connected to the sensor and a wireless LCD monitor that displays the information.

You can find more information about the Electrisave on the internet, just type it into a well known search engine. ;)

Brian
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Robert2009
    Robert2009 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Brian, who actually owns the electrisave monitor suppliied by Eon, the customer or Eon, as after a year with it I no longer use it. The novelty has worn off. Also when my present tariff with Eon ends if Eon is not competative I will change supplier.

So could I flog it on Ebay?

Robert
    Options
    Hi Robert,

Did you get yours free with a tariff?

It doesn’t matter either way; it’s all yours, do with it what you will! :beer:

Brian
  • Robert2009
    Robert2009 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    OK Brian, it was free, so it is going on Ebay

Robert
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    Brian,

The monitor itself, does it have a certain range that it can work from?
    My meter is outside, will it transmit the info to the sensor indoors? Also, any ideas if there are meters it wont work with?
    Options
    Hi Debthater,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office yesterday.

The electrisave has a transmitter distance of 30 metres, I’m not sure how this is impacted by a wall being in the way (with your meter being outside) but I’d guess the distance would be affected to some extent. :confused:

The device should work with most meter types; however the guide suggests contacting an electrician for installation advice if you have an off-peak meter (more than 4 cables coming in to or going out of the meter).

I understand that all domestic meter types will be fine and I know some business customers have used the device successfully.

Brian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure