Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

PARK FORCE fine

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 7.1K views
dbnguy123dbnguy123 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I was issued with a £60 fine for parking in a private car park operated by PARK FORCE on Sunday 24 May 2009. I was helping as a junior sports coach and could not access the cricket club were I was due to help because the car park for the club was full (mostly parents' cars)! There was no where safe to park so I parked in the PARK FOCE car park for 50-60 minutes before a space came up in the club's car park.

Having appraoched the Doctors Surgery and the Church who use the car park, they could not help but simply directed me, rather unhelpfully, to PARK FORCE. Has anyone had any dealings with this company before? I'm worried about ignoring it and don't want to incur more fines/costs but feel I was taking the safest option by parking there.

Please help!

Replies

• sarahg1969sarahg1969 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dbnguy123 wrote: »
    I was issued with a £60 fine for parking in a private car park operated by PARK FORCE on Sunday 24 May 2009. I was helping as a junior sports coach and could not access the cricket club were I was due to help because the car park for the club was full (mostly parents' cars)! There was no where safe to park so I parked in the PARK FOCE car park for 50-60 minutes before a space came up in the club's car park.

Having appraoched the Doctors Surgery and the Church who use the car park, they could not help but simply directed me, rather unhelpfully, to PARK FORCE. Has anyone had any dealings with this company before? I'm worried about ignoring it and don't want to incur more fines/costs but feel I was taking the safest option by parking there.

Please help!

Your case is no different from any of the other private parking cases on here.

And so, the advice remains the same. Ignore it.

And tell all of your family and friends about the scam.
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Split this out of the discussion topic and into a new thread.

:)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• dbnguy123dbnguy123 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Thanks.

I wonder if anyone has had any dealings with Park Force directly?
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Why bother ?
  • Alx*27Alx*27 Forumite
    128 Posts
    Parkfarce - well known.

• do not pay
    • do not contact them
    • ignore their threatening junkmail
    • ignore the threatening junkmail from their powerless debt collectors (they are NOT bailiffs)
    • they will give up and go away

This is a mail scam. All you have is an unenforceable invoice - private companies have no powers to fine people, only recoup actual losses. They have not lost £60 - this is an unenforceable penalty charge.

Ignore everything that comes through your letterbox.
This discussion has been closed.