Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Hubby Got A Parking Ticket In Sainsburys

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
7 replies 3K views
love-heartslove-hearts
1K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
He paid for a ticket for 2 hours and that expired so he bought another one but he got a ticket because you're not supposed to return within 2 hours. It was Euro Car Parks is this one of those tickets you ignore or should we pay it? If he should ignore it what would happen if he parks there again because he does park there every Tuesday for business reasons will he be clamped? MTIA.

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a google for euro car parks and also do a search on this thread. From this you will see the best plan is to completely blank them. Little bit naughty parking when he should be shopping but as he has paid then what the heck. Just ignore them, they cannot do anything, anything else would be illegal AFAIK.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Thanks for your reply, if you shop in Sainsburys it's free to park but if you don't you have to display a ticket which he did. I'm just a bit worried that they'll clamp him the next time he parks there if he ignores the ticket.
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, if you shop in Sainsburys it's free to park but if you don't you have to display a ticket which he did. I'm just a bit worried that they'll clamp him the next time he parks there if he ignores the ticket.
    Clamping to enforce an alleged debt by a private company would be illegal. I don't think Euro have any policy of doing this, but if they did it would be trespass against your husband's property, and he would be within his rights to cut off the padlock with a pair of boltcutters.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 51, lost 13), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Thanks bargepole, much appreciated :j.
  • Alx*27Alx*27 Forumite
    128 Posts
    Expect 2 letters from Euro and then a couple from Brinx or Credit Control before they give up and go away.
  • Thanks Alx*27 for reassuring me :beer:. It's a great forum this:D
  • Spartacus_MillsSpartacus_Mills Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Clamping to enforce an alleged debt by a private company would be illegal. I don't think Euro have any policy of doing this, but if they did it would be trespass against your husband's property, and he would be within his rights to cut off the padlock with a pair of boltcutters.

Illegal but the Police will simply do nothing and say it is a civil matter.

Sadly our Police have all the backbone of Jellyfish. No wonder people have lost respect for them.
    "There's no such thing as Macra. Macra do not exist."
    "I could play all day in my Green Cathedral".
    "The Centuries that divide me shall be undone."
    "A dream? Really, Doctor. You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next. "
This discussion has been closed.