Telephone/dial up/bb

Options
Hi! can anyone out there help me? I have not long had a laptop and I am using dial up tiscali to use the internet, I don't use it a great deal just an hour or 2 in the evenings, I am paying option 1 to BT which is £20 month, however my internet on average is now bumping this up to around £40 which I can't really afford, is there any way I can have cheap phone calls and unlimited internet for around £25 or that asking too much, plus how do I go about changing things, have always been with BT, and get confused how much you pay to them even if you change provider, yes novice woman here, Help!

Comments

• knuckledragger
    Options
    SPARKLYBLUE,
    why not use broadband for your connection with
    http://www.madasafish.co.uk/
    or
    http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/home.html?code=ZZ-NL-11XY

And pay BT only line rental on BT Option1. Then use http://www.call1899.co.uk/ for actually making daytime calls. See the other threads on who is currently best for free eveing/weekend calls.
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi! can anyone out there help me? I have not long had a laptop and I am using dial up tiscali to use the internet, I don't use it a great deal just an hour or 2 in the evenings, I am paying option 1 to BT which is £20 month, however my internet on average is now bumping this up to around £40 which I can't really afford, is there any way I can have cheap phone calls and unlimited internet for around £25 or that asking too much, plus how do I go about changing things, have always been with BT, and get confused how much you pay to them even if you change provider, yes novice woman here, Help!
    You can get unlimited dialup internet (via a freephone number) for £13.99 or less from a number of companies (e.g. OneTel) but, for not a lot more, you can get basic broadband in most places now - even BT only charge £17.99/month for 2Mb/2Gb (which is more than adequate for most users).

Click the 'HERE' link in my signature below for some suggestions as to how those with BT residential landlines can save money on telephony.

BTW, BT Together Option 1 should be only £11/month - what else are you paying for?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sparklyblue, I have split your post and the replies from the NTL thread so you can get the appropriate help for your BT line and dial up.

icon7.gif
  • SPARKLYBLUE_2
    Options
    Thanks everyone who replied to my plight! really appreciate it, will certainly look in to all options, let you know how I get along. bye for now :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure