NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Iva and ppi claiming

in IVA & DRO
5 replies 797 views
pammie39pammie39 Forumite
291 Posts
hi everyone
could someone advise me of something please.
i have been in an iva for about 2 years now. i have been thinking about claiming back my credit card charges and ppi. my iva company said i can do this, they will take a percentage to give to our creditors. the thing is will the creditors take the rest of the money because i still owe them. (to help clear the debt ). if so , is it worth doing??????:confused:
I SPOKE TO A WISE OLD MAN THE OTHER DAY.
HE TOLD ME 3 WAYS TO HAVE GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:j

FORGOTTEN IT ALREADY!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Replies

• kdeankdean Forumite
    208 Posts
    I would like to know this one too, I have been wondering the same thing.
  • pammie39pammie39 Forumite
    291 Posts
    this is a hard one!!!!!

does anyone know!!! HELP!

• i used to work in ivas until jan this year i would say its not worth it as it would just go to the ip involved, the iva has been set up and your creditors have accepted a low dividend so i would just leave it at that and complete ya iva, in a way there only getting back say 30 - 40 div to the £ just dont conuse your iva could cause issues etc
    Aqua card - £250 Limit up to date, Jd Williams £150 limit up to date, Argos store card £400 limit up to date, Next £300 limit up to date.:beer:
  • pammie39pammie39 Forumite
    291 Posts
    hi cableguy

thank you for your answer, i have not sent for any off these yet. shame i could off been really rich!!!!!(card charges and ppi):rotfl:

thanks again, advise taken!

• hi,

any of these claims should go through before a:money:n iva is set up
    Aqua card - £250 Limit up to date, Jd Williams £150 limit up to date, Argos store card £400 limit up to date, Next £300 limit up to date.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum