IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Observed or not to Observed....

I parked in shipley and received a ticket for parking over the time limit....now here's my arguement.

after reading the ticket carefully, it dawned on my that if i went beyond a tribunal and endered up in court over this, then the council would actually submit a factually incorrect statement to the court whereby they state that my vehicle was observed between 12:28 and 14:08(the word observed is important), if this ceo had seen my vehicle at 12:28 as is stated, the fact of the matter is he would still have to walk his specific round checking on other vehicle.....if this is the case then he would be submitting a false statement...perjury, since i would prove simple by asking him to detail his route that he actually did not observe the vehicle for the whole hour and a half.......any thoughts on the definition of observed or other. a loophole one thinks

Comments

• Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    You're going off on a tangent with an 'idea'.

If decriminalised it does not go to any Court beyond Tribunal.

presumably you are quoting obs times from the PCN? If so then you don't know the extent of obs, they are in his notes.

Show the PCN, ALL of it.

And talking of perjury. just taking your post at face value it seems you propose to lie?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dragoon47 wrote: »
    .if this is the case then he would be submitting a false statement...perjury, since i would prove simple by asking him to detail his route that he actually did not observe the vehicle for the whole hour and a half.......any thoughts on the definition of observed or other. a loophole one thinks
    my vehicle was observed between 12:28 and 14:08
    They are not claiming they observed your vehicle continuously, merely that it was seen at various times between those hours, most likely once at 12.28 and then again at 1.08
    'My vehicle was observed from 12:28 to 14:08' would mean it was observed for the whole hour and a half, so no loophole,
  • Hello Neil B and Orford,

Thanks for entering into the spirit of things....great to hear arguments....Neil B i never said i would lie, i know about perjury.anyway i am showing the whole ticket minus of course my reg/tax, but everything else......The ticket was printed from a machine, does it still need a signature,,,,

I am unable to post an image, sorry, this site won't let me

second

along the parking area,

sandwiched in between there is a taxi rank area, ie yellowed area,

the white marking go up to the yellow line but do not return into the kerb side,

at the other end of the taxi area,

the white parking lines continue to the end of the road and then return into the kerbside.

my question

should the white lines continue through the taxi zone or should the return back into the kerb.
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    If I misunderstood your post I apologise. It seemed to me that you didn't say you did leave and return but would possibly challenge on the basis that they couldn't prove you didn't. Somewhat dishonest.

Need the PCN and pics would be good given what you've said about markings.

you can post them immediately on PePiPoo forum.
    -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport