Student Loans Company and DRO

I get this deferred every year. Someone has told me that SLC loans MUST be included in the DRO. Because it's another debt so has to be included with the rest. However, this is what is taking things over £15000. Is this correct? Because I know you can't include (from reading here) SLC loans in BR. Is what I have been told correct?
Any help, opinions, views I may hold those are my own. Respect them as you would expect the same in return. Offered freely, is gleaned from a lifetime of experiences, knowledge gaining. Passed on to benefit others. I may be direct, ask you questions but those are to help you. Up to you if you choose to take it. I won't judge you either way.

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just found a DRO leaflet on Insolvenct Service website. Page 8, Student Loans not included in a dro:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guidanceleafletspdf/droguide.pdf
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    All debts should be listed! But from the intermediary guidance:
    7.5 Is this an excluded debt?
    If any of the debtor’s creditors fall within the category of an excluded debt (see page 6 of this guide), you should select ‘Yes’. Please note that excluded debts will not count towards the overall total of unsecured liabilities. If the debt is not an excluded debt select ‘No’ and continue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure