Waiting to Hear about DLA now

Options
I know they will have received my renewal form now and I'm just a wreck with worry. If its renewal and I already have a Dr statement in it - do you think they will still write to the same Dr again ? Do they ask them different questions if they write to them ?? Is the routine always the same ? Will I just get the acknowledgement they have the form letter ? Or is it just possible I would just get a letter saying they have renewed it or am I just living in fantasy land there ?

Comments

• mealone
    mealone Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Good luck with your renewal, dont worry about it.

They are a law unto themselves so trying to second guess the DWP is futile, you here of some awards coming through in three weeks without any problems but others take 12 weeks.

There is nothing else you can do for now so try and relax until you get the brown envelope.

Remember that websites give a distorted view of DLA claims because its only the people who have problems that post while the 50% or so claims that go through easily dont post incase it sounds like bragging.
  • ladybelle
    ladybelle Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :) It's just so scary.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ladybelle wrote: »
    I know they will have received my renewal form now and I'm just a wreck with worry. If its renewal and I already have a Dr statement in it - do you think they will still write to the same Dr again ? Do they ask them different questions if they write to them ?? Is the routine always the same ? Will I just get the acknowledgement they have the form letter ? Or is it just possible I would just get a letter saying they have renewed it or am I just living in fantasy land there ?
    After 2 weeks you will get the acknowledgement letter,then they may write to GP,although if you have sent a letter from him already they may not,renewals were taking 11/12 weeks they seem to have speeded up abit in recent weeks
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Blackpool_Saver Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    I just went through all this. best of luck. :)
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blackpool~Your siggy is me :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fingers crossed for you
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport