May bank holiday break - help

Options
I'm thinking of taking my OH away during the May bank holiday (her b'day is on the 1st) - leaving Thursday 27th or Friday 28th April and returning on 2nd May.

So far the best deal I've found is Barcelona: flights £153 for 2 including taxes from easyjet, and hotel £190 for for 4 days (the Arrohona on Expedia). £343 total. Flying from London.

Does anyone have any tips on a cheaper foreign short break during that period. I don't particularly mind where we go, as long its an interesting place (and preferably not cold or wet).

All help and suggestions appreciated. Would really like to do this as cheap as possible - don't havemuch spare cash at the moment.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am going away this weekend, I found that going on Sat 29th was cheapest.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • herman2811
    herman2811 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find a cheaper Barcelona hotel (or wherever you decide to go) using https://www.venere.com

I've found that website particularly useful. And for a 4% discount on there, use code: BK5HX8W

What's even better is that you pay the hotel direct while on holiday.

Hope that helps.
  • Jaxt
    Jaxt Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Luton to Reus on the thurs returning tues is £149 for 2 flights ( Ryanair) and you can get loads of accommodation starting at £77 in Salou or Cambrils for an apartment or £100 upwards for a good hotel with half board. Good thing about Reus is its not far to resort in a taxi so you don't have to spend much when you get there. Loads to do and a lovely resort and beach.Don't forget your Quidco cashback 8%. or Topcashback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure