Egg ignoring the FOS?

Options
About 4 weeks ago I received a letter from the FOS which they also sent to Egg. The FOS said they mis-sold the PPI and that they should repay me with costs. They have until the 22nd May but so far Egg has not refunded me. Do they normally ignore the FOS? What will happen now? Do I have to do anything?

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    mey wrote: »
    About 4 weeks ago I received a letter from the FOS which they also sent to Egg. The FOS said they mis-sold the PPI and that they should repay me with costs. They have until the 22nd May but so far Egg has not refunded me. Do they normally ignore the FOS? What will happen now? Do I have to do anything?

:mad::mad::mad:

Hi there

I think the FOS will chase them up for you, but if you've not heard anything by tomorrow which is the 22nd, let the FOS know.
    Sometimes they can try to stall issues as much as possible, but they will eventually pay out. Good luck hope its tomorrow.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • mey
    mey Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Well today is the deadline for egg and so far I have not received anything from them. Suppose it's back to the FOS then!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Well today is the deadline for egg and so far I have not received anything from them. Suppose it's back to the FOS then!!!

Contact the FOS today, please let us know what they say, normally they say they will chase them up and give them a further timescale, good luck.;)
  • mey
    Options
    Spoke to the FOS today. They said they will now pass my case onto a certain team who will take the matter further.
  • di3004
    Options
    Spoke to the FOS today. They said they will now pass my case onto a certain team who will take the matter further.

Well done, good luck.;)
  • mey
    Options
    So now the FOS have decided that the PPI was mis-sold. They sent me an acceptance form, which I had to sign and return. Hopefully Egg will send me a cheque soon. Anybody know how long they have to refund me?
  • di3004
    Options
    So now the FOS have decided that the PPI was mis-sold. They sent me an acceptance form, which I had to sign and return. Hopefully Egg will send me a cheque soon. Anybody know how long they have to refund me?

Hi hun,

Hopefully it will be within the month, but the FOS should be able to confirm this to you and give them a timescale, so if you hear nothing from them in that time the FOS state, the FOS should chase them up for you.

Well done anyway.:beer:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Just a word of warning here. Egg can mostly refund to the credit card or loan you have with them and they seem to be getting away with it. There were two posters just recently who were waiting for their PPI refund and thought it would sent by cheque but they were refunded to their accounts. It can be argued though but its always worth checking your account with Egg to see if this is the case with you.
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    Still waiting for cheque since 31st July.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • mey
    Options
    When I first contacted the FOS, the adjudicator asked Egg to refund my PPI by the 22nd May. Egg didn't respond so I contacted the ombudsman. He concluded that Egg should refund me.
    According to the ombudsman, once I sign the acceptance letter the final decision becomes binding.
    My loan has been repaid in full so Egg should refund me by cheque.
    I just wonder how long Egg will take to process this or if they will just ignore the ombudsman?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure