E:Unsure:-Argos PS2's £99.99 Incl FOC Accessories

Options

Comments

• foxyuk
    foxyuk Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    i have the flyer ... but the main catalogue next to the stock checkers were updated with sticky labels over the old ps2
  • Wesker
    Wesker Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen an offer in the blue xmas catalogue with 175 pages which is PS2 console with free controller and dvd remote control for £99.99. Says on front of catalogue offers valid until 24th December  ???
    Errrr...come back later ;)
  • mrme
    mrme Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    The bundle with the dvd remote was pulled due to the remote not being compatible, I think what is happening here is they are giving us the free items without making us buy the games as we are getting a Tri format wheel and controller, the exact 2 items you get if you buy a bundle with 4 games for £150 like with the xbox freebies - if that makes any sense ::)
    :j :j
  • chuKKy
    chuKKy Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever the reason, this has got to be THE best offer available for the new PS2. No being tied into silly priced bundles like some of the other shops were doing last week, just a great deal on a new PS2 and iro £40 worth of accessories for £99.99 :D

I would urge anyone who has purchased a PS2 instore or anyone who buys one instore between now and Christmas Eve to ask for the two free accessories (882/4350 & 882/4367).

I have had lots of superbly priced goods from Argos in the last 2-3 months, in my mind they have been the trader of the year for bargains ... WELL DONE ARGOS ;D
  • mrme
    mrme Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    Not looked at the accessories yet but are they really worth £40 :o I assumed they would be rubbish and worth £10 each. See what you mean about a bargain - Argos have done some very good deals especially in the run up to christmas and I am extremely impressed with their CS as well, very polite & helpful when compared to index which is a complete dump (well the Leicester one is) ::)
    :j :j
  • Howdie
    Howdie Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    The lady you spoke to made a mistake as this relates to the OLD style PS2 item number 5672842 (I'm looking in the christmas catalogue now), but if they want to honour this for the new PS2 I dont mind ;D ;D
  • chuKKy
    chuKKy Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Howdie, I suspect they have to honour it as they see the new PS2 as a direct replacement for the old one, which in reality it is anyway. Suspect when they came up with the deal, they didn't think there would be such a buying frenzy due to a lack of demand! I heard several people asking for PS2's when I was in my local store and one woman really kicked off as she had seen they had stock online, had turned up without reserving one and couldn't work out why she couldn't just have one (apparently they had 15 units go before 10am). When I went to the collection area and was passed one, she went balistic!
  • eskimonell
    Options
    i'm soo pleased you all got a good deal, as i think that i posted the original thread about the extra's.

not bad since i didn't even want one.

Hope You All Have A Nice Xmas

Eskimonell xx
  • foxyuk
    foxyuk Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    ok guys i have a ps2 reseved will go to east kilbride today and see what happens...... the 882 numbers dont exist when u check online,,,,,,,,

are there new numbers..... is it worth calling c/service before i go in ??
  • talkshop
    talkshop Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok guys i have a ps2 reseved will go to east kilbride today and see what happens...... the 882 numbers dont exist when u check online,,,,,,,,

are there new numbers..... is it worth calling c/service before i go in ??

The 882 numbers will not appear online as they are Free items that are only supplied with special deals, and only mean't for internal use only.

The 882 numbers appear on the cashiers till display when the main item is ordered.

The 882 items can be reserved using Argos Ring and Reserve however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure