E:Unsure:-Argos PS2's £99.99 Incl FOC Accessories

Options
I believe this is an Argos 'in store' offer only and is not included with home delivery orders.

I read on another thread that someone had been given unexpected extras when they picked up the new PS2 (567/7799). So at lunchtime today when I went to collect the PS2 that I rang & reserved last night ;D I asked a few questions about item numbers 882/4350 & 882/4367 being included (as per the other post I had read). The Staff in Argos said they were not aware of this and disappeared out of sight to check their systems (yeah right) and returned to say nothing else was included. :(

When I got home, it was still niggling me so I decided to ring Argos Customer Services to do a bit more digging ... boy am I glad that I did (and you will be to!). This is what I was told by a very helpful lady after she had done some investigating:-

In the Argos Christmas Catalogue (blue cover) page 133, item number thirteen, there is a bundle as follows for £99.99:

567/2842 PS2 Console (I think the old bigger version)
882/4350 Tri Steering Wheel
882/4367 Additional Controller

The instruction to stores is that once the old console 567/2842 is sold out, then supply the new slimline PS2 (567/7799) along with the other items for £99.99 :o This has got to be the best deal on the highstreet!

She told me to go back to the store with my receipt and tell customer services that I was missing the other items in the bundle and if I had a problem, to speak with the Store Manager.

I went back to the store and did exactly as told and I walked out with an additional controller and a tri steering wheel (which I was told on its own was worth £29.99) free of charge ;D ;D ;D They didn't even look in the Christmas catalogue, which incidently I haven't seen so can't verify the information I was given is 100% accurate, but I got what I asked for without any question and I reckon the staff already knew that the freebies should have been included.

Forget Currys/Dixons and other stores crazy bundle prices, fill your boots at Argos!

I am in no way linked to Argos, just a very happy customer :D

Comments

• chris1978_2
    Options
    Just had a look online (mine is coming via home delivery tomorrow) and it says

New PS2 (567/7799), additional controller (567/2969), Tri format wheel and the following games (567/6381, 567/5162 & 567/7830) for only £149.94. Offer not available for home delivery, click add to trolley to reserve for store pick up. Offer ends 24th December 2004.

Looks like I'm going to be out of luck. Worth asking though! Let me know if anybody else has any luck with this.
  • chuKKy
    chuKKy Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    The lady I spoke to in customer services did mention this other bundle for £149.94 however my local store said they couldn't honour it currently as the 20% off games offer they ran earlier this week had wiped them out of stock!

The offer I describe is only in the Christmas Catalogue apparently. £99.99 for a console, additional controller and tri steering wheel is about as good as an offer gets right now. ;D
  • Jummy
    Jummy Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be popping into argos tomorrow as i managed to get 2 PS2's from argos this week.
    A few extras would be nice :)
  • mrme
    mrme Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know where my post had gone but oh well i will post again!!
    I also went to arogs today after getting my ps2 delivered and asked for the free items and was given them 882/4350 & 882/4367 wheel and controller. Also picked up an eye toy groove with camera all for just £9.99 ;D ;D
    :j :j
  • Highland_Lass_2
    Options
    Don't know where my post had gone but oh well i will post again!!
    I also went to arogs today after getting my ps2 delivered and asked for the free items and was given them 882/4350 & 882/4367 wheel and controller. Also picked up an eye toy groove with camera all for just £9.99  ;D ;D

Excuse my ignorance but is this for the new silver one or the old black one? I'm after the new silver one. I can go into our local Argos tonight but don't know what product number to ask for. Can someone please reply to this asap as I'd really like to get this bundle and at a great price too. Thanks.
    If I had known then what I know now . . .
    :A Official Boots Tart (I seem to be retired just now though) :A
  • chuKKy
    Options
    Highland_Lass, they are the new slimline versions. Point out the offer contained in their Christmas Catalogue (the store will have a copy) to them as detailed in my op. They shouldn't still have stock of the older and larger PS2's so will provide the new slimline one with the freebies detailed in the offer. ;D
  • Highland_Lass_2
    Options
    Thanks. Will give it a go.
    If I had known then what I know now . . .
    :A Official Boots Tart (I seem to be retired just now though) :A
  • chuKKy
    Options
    Good Luck and remember if they are difficult ask them to see the Christmas Catalogue with the deal in. ;)
  • foxyuk
    foxyuk Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    i have the xmas catalogue here the offer is not in it....

im in glasgow
  • chuKKy
    Options
    The lady in Argos Customer Services said it is in the Argos Christmas Catalogue (blue cover) page 133, item number thirteen. I know they also had smaller Christmas flyers out as I have one here and the deal is not in that.

Does your Christmas catalogue have more than 133 pages? Just trying to ascertain if you have the book type catalogue or the flyer.

At least three of us have now got these free goods with our ps2's, so the deal must exist. Couldn't see them giving away a free control worth iro £12 and a steering wheel worth £30 if not? Remember the deal will have been put together a fair time ago in order to make the catalogue print which explains why it offers the old PS2. Think because they have advertised it, they have to offer todays equivalent in the deal which is the new slim PS2. Give it a whirl. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure