Please help! I have damp laminate

Options
Hi, a few months ago me and my partner got offered some laminate flooring off the wonderful site freecycle. We have just opened it (its was sealed) and the ends are all damp. We have tried to lay it but the ends with the tongue are not fixing as the laminate is swollen at the end. Is there a quick way of drying it out...and will it dry out? The surface is slightly raised on the few bits we put together but only on the damp bits. It is click together glueless laminate, if anyone can suggest anything it would really help as we dont have the money to buy more! Thanks!
Good things come to those who wait!

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    not sure what to suggest really apart from skipping it all.
    if you really need it and money is tight, then try heating the ends with a heat gun to dry it out. or cut the ends off.
    whatever you do be prepared for some trouble later on.

i suppose if its free, you might as well lay it and find out?
    Get some gorm.
  • devotee
    devotee Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it'll get better when dry. Best thing you could do is cut of the damp ends.
  • ravernoloo
    ravernoloo Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    oh damn it! I was hoping noone would say that. All of the ends are damp and its the ends with the tongue, how could i connect them if i do cut them off?
    Good things come to those who wait!
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your laminate can not be repaired,once the board becomes swollen it will never go back to its origional shape
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    i wouldnt advise gluing them.
    lay them and see what happens first. then fill any gaps with flexible sealant.
    colored of course.
    not too pretty, but they are free!
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills