credit card application

Options
I am a housewife aged 59. I have one credit card which I pay the full balance each month. I have a few bank accounts and an overdraft of £2500. Although my husband owns the house we live in, I own another property for which I receive a small monthly rent. My recent application for another credit card was declined, is there any way that I can apply for a credit card using my own property as security??

Comments

• SwissLe
    SwissLe Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Credit card debt is unsecured, the only exception I can think of is the One Account where credit, current and mortgages are linked.

Have you checked your credit file with Experian/Equifax? Once this has been done you should get more of an idea of why you were turned down. Don't make any other applications in the mean time.
    I'm going for my QuidCo £million!
    Total So Far: £9923.58
  • shoshana1
    shoshana1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SwissLe wrote: »
    Credit card debt is unsecured, the only exception I can think of is the One Account where credit, current and mortgages are linked.

Have you checked your credit file with Experian/Equifax? Once this has been done you should get more of an idea of why you were turned down. Don't make any other applications in the mean time.

Well I got my report from Credit Expert and phoned them for some advice. It appears that my regular credit card that I have had for about 15years or more is not showing. So anyone enquiring will think that I dont have a credit card. I have been advised to write to RBS advising them of this and checking that they have my correct details. I can't really get my head around all this but will follow their advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure