Repaying a Credit Card Debt

Options
I realise i've been foolish but am now trying to sort it out but I'm told by Allied International that i have to pay it in full by the end of the month!!!

The details are that i have been away travelling and last made a payment on my Natwest Credit Card in March 2008.

I called Natwest today to try and sort it out but was told that the debt had been referred to Allied International.

So i called them and was told that they were very glad i'd called as they haven't been able to find me!!! I asked if i was able to pay an amount each month but was told that i cannot as i am in an at risk category and that my only option was for him to try and get a settlement figure which would have 25% of the debt knocked off. He said that this settlement figure would then have to be paid by the end of the month.

It isn't a large sum of money but still too much for me to pay in 1 chunk.

My question is, are they just BS me saying that i can't pay it off over a few months?

I have to get back to them within 48 hours to say wether or not i can raise the money to pay off the settlement figure, which is looking doubtful at the moment. Also while i was on the telephone i made a payment of £100 to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure