🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit card limit

Options
I paid the deposit (£204) for a holiday on my Asda Mastercard. The card has a spend limit of £1000. If the holiday firm went bust, would the whole cost of my holiday (£2200) be covered, even though it's above the credit limit?

Comments

• seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    dmelling wrote: »
    I paid the deposit (£204) for a holiday on my Asda Mastercard. The card has a spend limit of £1000. If the holiday firm went bust, would the whole cost of my holiday (£2200) be covered, even though it's above the credit limit?

no just the £204
  • Daisy_Duck
    Daisy_Duck Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    dmelling wrote: »

My understanding is that it would all be covered... have a read here...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases#deposit
  • dmelling
    Options
    Thanks both, now I'm REALLY confused!! Reading the site, it seems like I WOULD be covered, but with the limit of £1000 spend, I wasn't sure. More answers please if any one knows....
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    seeya23 is wrong. The whole amount will be covered.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    I think the explanation on the web page suggested by Daisy Duck is quite straight forward. If you have paid more than £100 with the credit card, then the whole holiday cost is covered.

However - I don't think that the whole of the holiday cost would be covered if you hadn't paid the balance before the company went bust. You would only be compensated for what you had lost, not what you might have lost.
  • dmelling
    Options
    Thank you all for the quick replies. I don't want to pay for the whole holiday by credit card as there's a 2% charge, but it looks like it will all be covered, just in case the worst happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport