Specsavers and Lensmail

Options
Arghhhhh - just a rant really but this is really annoying me:

Move house in September last year, got a new branch and informed old one and rang lensmail - 'no problem' they said...

Got lenses in November via old branch (i.e. the sent them to my old address, they went back to the branch who forwarded them to me at my new address), phoned all three again (old branch, new branch and lensmail) and got my address changed AGAIN...

January - had two 'you need a contact lense check' letters one from each branch and went and had one at new branch...no contact lenses in February, but two letters saying I needed an eye test - went and had one and again phoned all three to check - old branch hadnt closed down account (which they did there and then) hence why lenses hadnt been sent...

Phoned again and complained in new branch about not forwarding lenses in March and again in April - was told they were coming again two weeks ago and to wait 7-10 days...

Guess what they havent arrived so I ring today and they still have that I need an eye test from my old branch on the screen and cant send any more :mad::mad:, so I have been paying since November and havent received any contact lenses (luckily I made the new branch give me some) and every time I ring its a different excuse as to why - its driving me mad :mad::mad::mad:

They are all very polite but you'd think moving house wouldnt that difficult to deal with :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Am waiting for a call back within the next two days and if I dont get one I need another lensemail scheme - any ideas?

/rant

Comments

• mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    You could check at the delivery office of royal mail if it's handy, they may be there waiting to be returned to sender, or been carded at your old address. Many of the contact lens boxes don't fit through the letter boxes, I know it's not ideal but if it let's you get your lenses..

Bad CS from specsavers though
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nope they say they havent sent them even - despite telling me two weeks ago they would - JOY!

Thanks though - I try not to be too moany and I've also been ill or I would have letter written but tbh I cant be bothered to chase them when I work full time and am trying to run about 60-70 miles a week - so could be my own fault for not being assertive enough - who knows ;)
  • Blue_Fairy_3
    Blue_Fairy_3 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also on the lensmail scheme and most of the time have no probs with it. However on a couple of occaisons, instead of sending me my contact lenses, Specsavers have sent me a letter asking me to collect them from the branch! (Which is 20 miles away :rolleyes:)

Also last year they said they were going to stop sending me my lenses until I had the checkup/eye test- which I'd had, but for some reason it was not on their records!

Maybe they are just not very good at updating/maintaining customer records. It certainly seems that way in your case becky_rtw. Good luck getting it sorted out!
  • Absinthe_Fairy
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem with them a few months ago when I moved. I phoned the store and Lensmail so many times! If I ever move again I'm probably going to cancel the whole thing and start again rather than trying to change my address on the account I already have.
    Sealed Pot Challenge Number 1225
    £365 in £365 Days 2013
    No Buying Toiletries 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills