We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help needed to set up savings for 3 people

Options
Hi all of you out there. My 2 sisters and I need to set up a savings account in trust for my father, since my mother left this money to be used by him until his death. We can't as yet find an account that will let us do this the problem being that there are 3 of us, not a couple which most accounts allow for. Any ideas? Thanks :o Ruth

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could a lawyer or solictor set one up for you?
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's a trust account you may need to set it up as a business account with most banks (this is certainly the way it works at HSBC). In which case a 3-person mandate is no problem at all. Rates will probably be shockingly bad though.
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • martinman3
    martinman3 Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    The Skipton BS is an example of a building society which allows up to 4 trustees for an account in trust for an individual.
    Just ask for an extra copy (two names per form) of the Investment Account Application Form (For trustees where the beneficiary is an individual) from a branch.

http://www.skipton.co.uk/savings_and_investments/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family