Jsa help and advice

Options
looking for a bit of help and advice really,
ive been unemployed since dec 08 and signed on every 2weeks without fail but still only get my stamp paid a applied for my mortgage to be paid as ive been signing on over 13weeks but got told i need to be on jsa income based,
my wife only works 23hrs and only gets £7542 per year befor tax, she was on more but recently had her hrs cut,
i got told to reapply for jsa income based as wifes hrs were below 25hrs ect so i did that,
i got an answer friday 16th may stating they had rejected me due to having more than they say a family should be able to live on,
they basically say me and my wife and 4yr old son should be able to live off £174pw and our house hold income is £192.56.
how can any1 live off that??
so basically i cant get my mortgage paid for or any help atall
any1 got any advice????

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does your wife claim WTC?
  • jamieT_3
    jamieT_3 Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does your wife claim WTC?

yes she does but they work the figure out with her wages and all benefits coming in at £192.56pw and they say we should be able to live off £174pw even tho ive a mortgage of £765pm
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The only thing I would advice is speak to your lender and try and see if you can get an holiday payment break or change to an interest only mortgage. If you try the OS board you will find handy tips how to spend less. Do you have any debts apart from the mortgage?
  • jamieT_3
    Options
    The only thing I would advice is speak to your lender and try and see if you can get an holiday payment break or change to an interest only mortgage. If you try the OS board you will find handy tips how to spend less. Do you have any debts apart from the mortgage?
    my lender wont help atall said basically 2more missed payments and they start repossesion procedings, i have other debt of 26k
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to go to the cab and get yourself sorted. The cab can halt any proceedings of repossession. You need to prioritise your debts, pay the mortgage over any credit card or loans. Make sure you open a new bank account that is not with a current creditor so you do not get any money taken off you.
  • vegankris
    vegankris Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    You have my sympathies, OH and I are in a similar situation- he's been unemployed over 6 months I'm only contracted 20 hrs. We've sent off our form and are currently waiting to hear about the mortgage payments and council tax although because the mortgage is in my name only so I'm not sure we'll be eligible.

Will your lender allow you to take a mortgage holiday at all? We already did this, and we've sold a few things on ebay to tide us by for a bit. I'm trying to do a bit of overtime for extra cash (whenever its available) and I'm looking for a second job as well to tide us over.

Sorry I don't have any better advice (just empathy 'cos I'm in the same boat!) I'd be grateful to hear it if anyone else does too!
    Owing to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice. :(

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!!:cool:
  • jamieT_3
    Options
    You need to go to the cab and get yourself sorted. The cab can halt any proceedings of repossession. You need to prioritise your debts, pay the mortgage over any credit card or loans. Make sure you open a new bank account that is not with a current creditor so you do not get any money taken off you.

i cant pay my mortgage or debts at the moment thats why i have tried to get job centre to pay my mortgage,
    cab have advised me to go bankrupt
  • jamieT_3
    Options
    vegankris wrote: »
    You have my sympathies, OH and I are in a similar situation- he's been unemployed over 6 months I'm only contracted 20 hrs. We've sent off our form and are currently waiting to hear about the mortgage payments and council tax although because the mortgage is in my name only so I'm not sure we'll be eligible.

Will your lender allow you to take a mortgage holiday at all? We already did this, and we've sold a few things on ebay to tide us by for a bit. I'm trying to do a bit of overtime for extra cash (whenever its available) and I'm looking for a second job as well to tide us over.

Sorry I don't have any better advice (just empathy 'cos I'm in the same boat!) I'd be grateful to hear it if anyone else does too!

the abbey wont help atall when i thought they would?
    my mortgage is just in my name and i dont work atall and finding a job is near on impossible
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jamieT wrote: »
    i cant pay my mortgage or debts at the moment thats why i have tried to get job centre to pay my mortgage,
    cab have advised me to go bankrupt
    Are you sure as this is something that the CAB does not like to advice people as it costs to go bankrupt aswell as other things. If you do get your house repossessed, you will be still responsible for any debt leftover which could be substantial. You may not be able to pay the mortgage but the quicker you take action, the less mess you will be in later.
  • jamieT_3
    Options
    Are you sure as this is something that the CAB does not like to advice people as it costs to go bankrupt aswell as other things. If you do get your house repossessed, you will be still responsible for any debt leftover which could be substantial. You may not be able to pay the mortgage but the quicker you take action, the less mess you will be in later.
    cab said because i have no income bar my wifes and that doesnt even pay the mortgage they cant see any other way exept bankruptcy due to me having over £25k debts, my hose is worth £145k and i have a mortgage of £156k and secured loan of £7k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure