Refused Aqua card

Options
dawnie1972
dawnie1972 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've recently been refused an Aqua credit card so i sent off for my credit file which i received today from experian and its, as i thought, showing 2 defaults (which i knew about) - surely this isn't bad enough to have been refused by Aqua, i'm not on the electoral role - is this normal for Aqua refusals.
A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:

Comments

• debtdestroyer007
    Options
    try vanquis they are less harsh than aqua....
  • bigbum_2
    bigbum_2 Posts: 866 Forumite
    Options
    I recently got an Aqua card, and i have 2 defaults. Maybe not being on the electoral roll affected your chances :confused:.
  • debtdestroyer007
    Options
    yes def register on the voters roll
  • thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely get yourself on the electoral roll!
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    try vanquis they are less harsh than aqua....

yea but high possibility that Vanquis will decline if not on electoral register......
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • dawnie1972
    Options
    I'm moving in a few weeks so will sort the electoral role once i've moved - i couldn't apply for vanquis as didn't have a landline phone which it stipulated u needed.
  • himitsunomogura
    Options
    The defaults arent the issue - after all, vanquis and aqua are designed for people with defaults etc.
    Companies use electoral roll info to validate your identity. If you are not on it, you will often have difficulty. Bear in mind that after you contact the council, it can take a month or more before the details show with the CRAs.
    So...after registering, check your credit report to make sure it is on, because if its not and you get declined, that is 2 searches in a fairly short space of time which will harm your chances in future.
    Or, if you need the card more quickly, add a Notice of Correction to your credit report explaining that you are in the process of moving so aren't on the roll, but that you can validate your address with utility bills etc if required...that will slow down the application but could well help you.
  • dawnie1972
    Options
    Thank you - i'm not in any rush, i just want to start rebuilding my credit history and the fact that i've been approved for a letting agent tenancy is a massive step for me. I'll get myself on the roll as soon as i move - i only wanna use the card for paying for petrol (which i get an allowance for from work).
  • kilasuit
    kilasuit Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 May 2009 at 10:40PM
    Options
    i got the vanquis card after applying to be on the ER but not actually showing with the CRAs

Plus i had only recently moved like almost 3 months before i applied and also had only just got back into employment by about a month.

but saying that have been declined for the aqua card and am goin to appeal it.

my motto is Never Ever Waste A Credit Search and any that you feel are unlawful or should be on there then get them removed

especially seeing as Home Learning College CS'd me when i made an enquiry about their courses and fees so i rang them up made a firm but polite request stating that i never agreed about being CS'd and that if it wasnt removed i'd be looking to pursue further with the relevant authorities.

2 days later the search was removed. Kila 1 life 0
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    Have you recently missed any payments? (in the last 6-12 months). Aqua will obviously have its own reasons for declining your credit application. Have you asked them why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure