Balance Transfers and Mortgage

Options
Hello. I've been transfering my credit card balance on average every 6 months for the past 3-4 years but now I'm really worried about my credit rating. The only reason I'm concerned is that I need to remortgage in 18 months time so I'm wondering if all those balance transfers are gonig to affect my ability to remortgage. I'm planning to transfer once again for the last time. Can you let me know whether I should hold off this time due to my concerns? Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt whether lenders can distinguish BACS payments made by other card companies from those of their customers.

Have you checked your credit reports to see what's on there? For help, see page 1 of the *How to obtain credit reports* sticky

Once you know what lenders see, you are in a better position to improve their opinion ;)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • katcats38
    katcats38 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest I've never understood how to read my credit report. I'l request one though and see where I stand. Thanks very much for your reply. :-)
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    It shouldn't cause you any problems.
    The only impact it should have is the actual balance, i.e. in terms of the lender assessing affordability.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure