NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

nat west bank

edited 15 May 2009 at 6:34PM in Stoozing: free cash from credit cards
1 reply 1.1K views
bennyspringfieldbennyspringfield Forumite
8 Posts
You may like to know that the national westminster bank,have today reduced the
interest rate on their E isa on accounts opened on or after the 15thMay09.
I was myself and my wife in the process of opening this account online
on the 9thmay09 and was supposed to open instantly as i was already
a national westminster customer which incidently took nearly 6weeks to activate,
waiting for them to send paperwork etc;It did not open so I phoned and they said it would take a couple of days to appear.(instantly?????).once again it did not and then paperwork appeared in the post,which I was to return.just a delaying tactic perhaps?
We were about to transfer our existing isa,s into these accounts when I
discovered what they had done.I am sure there are probably many people who will not realise they have reduced the interest rate by 1% and go ahead opening their accounts.When I complained by phone to the online service they said "sorry but it will be at the reduced rate".I have also complained via their online complaints dept.and am awaiting their reply.I just thought that people should be made aware of this and should also be updated on "money saving expert" a.s.a.p.
what a disgraceful way to conduct a business I am absolutely disgusted!!!

Replies

• You may like to know that the national westminster bank,have today reduced the
    interest rate on their E isa on accounts opened on or after the 15thMay09.
    I was myself and my wife in the process of opening this account online
    on the 9thmay09 and was supposed to open instantly as i was already
    a national westminster customer which incidently took nearly 6weeks to activate,
    waiting for them to send paperwork etc;It did not open so I phoned and they said it would take a couple of days to appear.(instantly?????).once again it did not and then paperwork appeared in the post,which I was to return.just a delaying tactic perhaps?
    We were about to transfer our existing isa,s into these accounts when I
    discovered what they had done.I am sure there are probably many people who will not realise they have reduced the interest rate by 1% and go ahead opening their accounts.When I complained by phone to the online service they said "sorry but it will be at the reduced rate".I have also complained via their online complaints dept.and am awaiting their reply.I just thought that people should be made aware of this and should also be updated on "money saving expert" a.s.a.p.
    what a disgraceful way to conduct a business I am absolutely disgusted!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals