🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

debt management

Options
Hi

I have been in touch with a debt managment company that have told me they can freeze my credit cared interest. A problem I have though is one of the credit cards is a Lloyds TSB credit card. I also have a Lloyds TSB current account and business account. I am not worried about the personal account as that can easily be changed before I do anthing but could they freeze my business account which is also under my brothers name. We are business partners.

Thanks

Alex

Comments

• debtdestroyer007
    Options
    is ur business account joint?, if so are u a limited company
  • bladebugler
    Options
    we are not a limited company but it is a joint account.

Thanks

Alex
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I trust you have been in contact with one of the free DMP people ..CCCS, Payplan, CAB

In general the bank can raid any account you have with them if you don't make your repayments ..so it's essential you move the business account too.

And note that no company can guarentee to get your interest frozen although they may try and often succeed.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    I trust you have been in contact with one of the free DMP people ..CCCS, Payplan, CAB

In general the bank can raid any account you have with them if you don't make your repayments ..so it's essential you move the business account too.

And note that no company can guarentee to get your interest frozen although they may try and often succeed.

Yea its easy to get interest frozen - we do it ourselves for free you simply send them a s.10 cease & desist notice after you have officially put the account into dispute - no interest can be charged when an account is in dispute.

See letter to use here! Just tweak it to suit the OP's specific needs: #74
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business