🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Land of Leather Sofa on credit card

Options
Hello,

We bought a land of leather suite on a credit card and paid the full amount.

It was delivered and is a nice suite, however white patches started coming through the leather in various places.

A guy from the LOL came out and inspected the suite and said it had high salt content, cleaned it (basically just wiped it over) and told us if it came through again the suite would be replaced as faulty.

The patches appeared again and the LOL agreed to replace the sofa.

Wouldn't you know it LOL goes bust and refuses to replace the sofa of gives us our money back saying we should speak to the administrators who tell us to go to our credit card for a refund.

I did this and after several conversations with the cc co. was told to write to their legal dispute team. I have done this using the section 75 template letter.

I have received a reply today asking for the following:
1. original invoice (fair enough)
2.documentary evidence supporting my claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation
3. an independant report detailing the defects with the sofa
4. a quotation for repair of the defects from an independant body authorised to conduct such repair
5. copy of any correspondance between myself and retailer.
6. any other evidence that substantiates my claim.

I have the invoice so that's no problem

What would I need to supply for the 2nd item. All contact with LOL and their administrators has been verbal and they won't send us any paperwork concerning the faulty suite saying it is out of their hands.

Where would I get a report from and how do I know who is an authorised repair body?

Again I have no correspondance on the matter between myself and LOL because they have gone into administation and refuse to comment.

I suppose I could provide photos etc for the last point?

Anybody any ideas, should the credit card company be doing these investigations or are they just using delaying techniques? Incidentally they have requested all of the above be sent within 7 days even though it has taken me 3 months to get this far with them!!!

What should I do next?

Cheers, any help appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills