We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

post-c-section. can you ever lose tummy?

Options
2»

Comments

• brindles01
    brindles01 Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Options
    I had C Section 5 years ago aged 41, scar is now invisable, I have a flat tummy and weigh the same as I did before pregnancy but it did take a determined effort to eat the right things because Im only 5'3" and size 10 and I feel a little extra weight shows up on me. It does take time and remember most of these celebs pay to have a tummy tuck at the same time as the C Section so they lose the excess flab from Day 1. Like the lady before said, having a baby is a blessing some women never experience.
    DTD - Doing Tesco Daily - while I still have vouchers!
  • Louise1521
    Louise1521 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    I've had two c sections aswell, and my stomach isn't good. After my first it was ok, think my second and third pregnancies didn't help. To be honest, I haven't tried hard to get into shape, just do a lot of moaning about it.
  • mae
    mae Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a flat stomach after a c section and to be honest I can't see any reason if you always had one before how with a little effort you can't again..It shouldn't make any more difference than an ordinary birth in my opinion other than you have to be careful with exercise for the first so many weeks..Good luck
  • skyrocket
    skyrocket Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has replied! You have made me feel much less depondant!
    I am off to the gym tomorrow for my induction and will start a pilates class soon. Does anyone know anything about pilates by any chance? Would it be any use to me and my flab-some tum?
    Sky xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ALL ABOUT PILATES

I'm a Lynne Robinson fan :D

It won't burn fat though, you'll need some sort of aerobic excercise for that. (Hmmm think I need to take my own advice on that one lol)
    Bulletproof
  • suekjw
    suekjw Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got a Mummy Tummy! I've had two section and I put on weight both times. If you are overweight anyway then you obviously have more chance of getting one than the people who aren't! Even though I've lost weight, its there but not as bad. I'll give Pilates a go, but I think nothing short of surgery will work - and that isn't going to happen. I do have two beautiful children though so I think its a small price to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport