post-c-section. can you ever lose tummy?

Options
I have just been reading some rather depressing things about how after a c-section women rarely ever get their tummy flat again.
The thought of having this 'pouch' as a tummy and never being able to wear hipster jeans again makes me feel miserable.
Has anyone here ever got a flat tummy after a section? Does pilates help? Or am I looking at a tummy tuck!
Help!
Sky x

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My boss's wife had a C-Section and has a lovely flat tummy without resorting to surgery.
  • skyrocket
    skyrocket Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy reply!
    How did she do it?
    Sky
  • Red_Elle
    Red_Elle Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    Never had a baby, but can vouch for pilates doing some amazing things to your body!
    Had (not been for about a month) been going for about 3 months and it develop muscles in place I never knew I had. It works to lengthen muscles making you look sleeker :D
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    I had a C section nearly 5 years ago and healed quickly, in fact now you cant even see my scar unless you look closely, and then all you can see is a faint silver line :j

I am a size 8 and have a flat stomach, so skyrocket dont worry about a thing, as long as you give yourself 6 weeks to recover, you will be fine :T
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    Options
    Sure you can, all the celebs who are "too posh to push" manage it, admit they have personal trainer, nannies to get up with babe, eat only 2 pine nuts a week, but the idea is there!
  • Red_Elle
    Red_Elle Posts: 476 Forumite
    Options
    Realistically, if you're not tiny, you do have a bit of a pouch - my friend had one recently. However, I believe after time it goes in, and something like pilates would help.
  • random456
    random456 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    my scars non existent but my skins gone loose on my stomach..cant be bothered firming it, whats the point when its covered in huge red rips?
    Fr. Stack: While you were out, I got the keys to your car. And drove it into a big wall. And if you don't like it, tough. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.
  • WHA
    WHA Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    My wife had a C section and she has a flat tummy - in fact it's probably flatter than before the pregnancy. She doesn't do any formal excercising - no gym, no pilates, etc., just watches what she eats and gets plenty of exercise running after our son 24/7.
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't have a c section, but have got a lovely paunch and millons of stretch marks! I have recently found using avon tone and firm shower gel (well massaged in all the problem areas) and their maximum body makeover (also well massaged in) is helping to firm everything and smooth away the stretch marks. Which is good as I thought I'd never get back into shape after having two children!
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
  • doddsy
    doddsy Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest after two C Sections my tummy is a bit of a mess. I used to get upset about it until a midwife friend of mine said she knew women who would kill for a tum like mine because they couldn't have kids and wanted them.

Hope everything goes well for you
    We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
    – Marian Wright Edelman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport