Pipex Talk

Options
Hi everybody - this is my first post so hope it is of some help!
I was considering changing to the PO offer so i could get £50 cash back but then this caught my eye.
I am on Pipex broadband G0! (£24.99 per month 2mbps unlimited) and found an offer called Pipex talk 3000 which is 3000 minutes to 01 and 02 numbers for £4.99 per month - BUT... if you have Pipex Go! service or above you get £6 per month of your broadband cost meaning changing to them will cost you £1 a month LESS on your subscription to Pipex.
If anyone has any thoughts let me know or e-mail me.
I was thinking that if you used a site like saynoto0870 for the geographical numbers these could be included in the minutes.
The downside seems to be the international costs are quite high but I am trying to find out if you could use an override provider for these.
You will find the details on https://www.pipex.com.
Anyway I have used Pipex for three years and found them very good.
All the best,
Rob

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome.

They are just another cps supplier. You could get 166 calls a month on 1899 ,and all your Evening and Weekend Calls for free on Primus Saver,and not pay if you did not use them.
  • robbond55
    robbond55 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thinking that it may be a cheaper option for me as it will not cost me any extra as as existing pipex customer, in fact a pound less as I would get the discount on my broadband subscription.
    Forgive me if I am a bit unsure - this money saving thing is new to me - just beginning to understand how this CPS works!
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No need to subscribe £5 for that 3000 minutes; they have 500 to 2000 minute ones for free depending on your tariff, so you should be able to add one of these.

If you think you'll go over the minutes use 1899 or 18185 for your longest calls to UK landlines. Use 18185 for most foreign calls, UK mobiles and 0870 numbers. I'm a bit surprised you say Pipex rates are high for international as 3p seems fairly good, and not a disaster if you forget 18185.
  • robbond55
    robbond55 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry Redux - I was looking purely at international rates to South America as my wife has relatives there which are more expensive than 1899 or 18185.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure