just paid off most of my capital one card, expires in July, will they renew?

Options
Hi, I have spent most of the last 12 months up to or just over my limit of £200 and today I have managed to get that down to £60 from £370, the card expires in July, do you think they will tell me to f*ck off in July or renew my card? By then the balance will be £20 or less. Any experience of this anyone?

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 

Comments

• pre123
    pre123 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I have spent most of the last 12 months up to or just over my limit of £200 and today I have managed to get that down to £60 from £370, the card expires in July, do you think they will tell me to f*ck off in July or renew my card? By then the balance will be £20 or less. Any experience of this anyone?

how did the card company allow you to go over you limit by nearly double, sounds crazy to me:confused: guess you have lots of over limit fees but guess you have been paying reguarly recently so would presume they would keep your custom
    please just thank me:p
  • debtdestroyer007
    Options
    as your account has not been managed well in the past, there is a possibility they may not send u a new card. and if that happens , then there is not much u can do!!!!
  • byebyedebt
    byebyedebt Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They wont get rid of you because you are making them money.
  • debtdestroyer007
    Options
    byebyedebt wrote: »
    They wont get rid of you because you are making them money.
    didnt suggest they would get rid of the OP.
    they may choose not to send another card, whilst the rest of ur terms and conditions stay the same, which is the OP continues to pay the minimum

this is increasingly happening, MSE forum is a very good example where several users have had their cards not renewed.....

at the same time i am not suggesting that the OP wont get a card but account conduct plays an important role when it comes to renewls......
  • PARIS_5000
    PARIS_5000 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Options
    I managed my account well with capital one and when my card expired in March they renewed it.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I think if they were seriously worried they would already have stopped the card. The limit is relatively low - my guess is they've decided you're good for the £370 or so and rather like the extra fee income that they wouldn't be getting if they raised your limit to reflect the reality.

Since the balance is going down, I'm guessing they wouldn't stop the card. Think I'd be a bit cheeky and phone them up and ask for a limit of £400 as this better reflects your needs and history shows you can handle this limit....

I doubt whether they'll stop the card when it's due to renewed. Who knows. Depends on which bit of software they're running on the day I suppose.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2009 at 2:05AM
    Options

Of course they will renew your card! You'll get a new one through the post in June sometime. Just be patient - they don;t sit there and sift through the good and bad customers - not yet anyway! Its an automated process and computer knows you're due to expire and so requests a new card for you a month before expiry.

You won't find many people admitting they never got their card renewed because they always do - on the rare occasion some people do not and they are notoriously bad payers/abusers but then all the company would do is block it with immediate effect so they wouldn't necessarily wait until renewal.
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family