Credit Card Replacement Has An Expiry Date of 07/09

Options
Hi guys, I'm a new member and so please be gentle!

I recently lost my credit card and so requested for a replacement which they have sent me however, I notice that the expiry date on it is only 07/2009.

I thought they might have sent me one with a 2/3 year expiry period on there as normal. I am just concerned they are not going to extend the credit period after July.

Are they expecting me to pay up all of the outstanding balance come July or will they send a new card in July with another 2/3 year period on the expiry date?

Not had this happen to me before and just concerned my credit score might have affected this.

Comments

• debtdestroyer007
    Options
    may be they will renew it for another2/3 years from 7/2009.
    or it may be that they wont renew ur card due to the credit crunch and ur account conduct.......
  • hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Not unusual, it really depends on the issuer, if it is just a reissue of the same card as it has been lost they often issue exactly the same card, including expiry date.

You are not expected to repay all you owe by the expiry date of the card, you should get a new one in the month before it expires.
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
  • ste_coxy
    ste_coxy Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for your replies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts