Wheelchair broke!

Options
My wheelchair broke down in the middle of town the other day, the company that I bought it from a ticket away to repair it, and let me a different one. The one they have lent me is actually the one that I had before I upgraded, however it is no longer suitable for my needs. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I would be able to borrow/long inadequate wheelchair until mine is back from repair? It must be a power chair, as I have very little use in my limbs and need independence of some sort for my sanity!
If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!

Comments

• Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, sorry to hear that it broke down, what a nightmare! I thought mine had broken the other day and panicked - turned out my brother had just forgotten to flick one wheel to "drive" so I ahd no control over where I was going :P
    Could you ask the place that is repairing it for another model? If you explain why you need it they may be able to help or suggest somewhere that can?
    There are websites that hire them out, for around £60 a week.. but I don't know if you could afford to pay that, and also, if there's certain features you need then that may cause difficulties...
    Sorry I can't be of more help, hope they manage to repair it quickly! :)
  • edinburgh_lesley
    Options
    hi there,
    the red cross hire out wheelchairs for a donation for a few weeks at a time.
    heres the link for you to find your nearest branch.
    http://www.redcross.org.uk/yourarea.asp?id=76421

I wish you luck and hope you get help very soon.
    Regards
    lesley x
  • simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    do you have a shopmibility near you?

Is your chair still under any guarantee or warranty at al? If so, then surely they should have loaned you a similar model to the one you had
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    the one that I had, was a custom order. They have loaned me the wheelchair that I had previously, as before I upgraded it was adequate for my needs, however my needs have now changed, hence the other wheelchair.
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    hi there,
    the red cross hire out wheelchairs for a donation for a few weeks at a time.
    heres the link for you to find your nearest branch.
    http://www.redcross.org.uk/yourarea.asp?id=76421

I wish you luck and hope you get help very soon.
    Regards
    lesley x
    thank you, I think the Red Cross only loan out manual wheelchairs in our area
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure