Wrong Ticket advice please help

Options
My husband purchased seating tickets for a concert 4 months ago. The concert is in 10 days and the tickets arrived yesterday but they are standing tickets. As i am ambulant disabled i cannnot stand for long periods so thay are useless to me. We have contacted the ticket company who keep fobbing us off saying they will ring back and dont. Does anyone have any idea of our legal rights on this matter. The company offer a no refund policy but if we havent received what we ordered then surely that is wrong.
PLEASE HELP SOMEONE as i am gutted i cant go.

Comments

• floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did your husband order them online? If so you will have received an email confirming your order and which type of tickets were requested. If you definitely ordered seating and the email confirms this then you have every right to receive seating tickets or a full refund as it is the ticket companies error and you will have documentary proof of your order.
    However, if the error was on your part then the company are under no obligation to refund your money.

Which ticket agency was it?
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh is it See Tickets by any chance????

We're having a very similar problem and Trading Standards are onto them about it - we ordered tickets for a concert and they didnt bother to make it clear exactly where the tickets are for and now we're stuck near the back, despite us (reasonably if you saw how they worded it) believing we might be able to get near the front.
    It is wrong - Consumer Direct told me so. You can claim against them for goods not recieved. Dont let them fob you off - if it is this particular ticket agency, please please speak to Consumer Direct about them. Keep onto them - and as floyd says, with proof of ur order if needs be.

Good luck! xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, sounds like a case for Trading Standards. You can also pursue them under the Trade description act and the Sale of Goods act, as well as possibly the disability discrimination act. I forced See Tickets to back down and exchange my tickets after they messed me around last year too. Use the 0115 prefix number from www.saynoto0870.com to contact them or it'll cost you a fortune. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure