Best interest rate any account

Options
Whats the best interest rate anyone can get at the moment?

Please dont reply saying depends what you want, or depends on this or that...........

I ouls like to please compare all high interest rates for savings accounts.

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    It depends what you want. Which country do you wish to save in? How long do you wish to save for? The highest rates in the UK seem to be heading towards 4.5% but involve locking your money away for 3-5 years. If you want interest rates over 10%, try somewhere like Turkey (although be aware that there are costs and significant risks in changing currency).
    Please dont reply saying depends what you want, or depends on this or that...........
    Well it does. To pretend otherwise is a joke. If you walked in to a bank and said "give me the best return you can" and refused to discuss things further, it is almost certain that they'd put your money in to an inappropriate account and you could be left financially embarrasssed if you needed the money back at a time when you couldn't get to it.
    I ouls like to please compare all high interest rates for savings accounts.
    Baldur's post above will help you to do this.

The questions I would ask are along the lines of:

- how much do you wish to save?
    - what access do you need to all or part of the funds?
    - have you used your ISA allowance yet?
    - when do you anticipate needing your money back?
    - are you likely to want to add to the money, on an ad-hoc or regular basis?
    - what are you saving for?
    - wuld you prefer to operate your account online (which may allow you to access a higher rate), by phone, in branch or by post?

Provide that sort of information and people can give you more specific responses.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    West Bromwich Building Society 1 year bond - 4.3%:

http://www.westbrom.co.uk/westbrom/home
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    West Bromwich Building Society 1 year bond - 4.3%:

http://www.westbrom.co.uk/westbrom/home
    At a simplistic level, that rate is bettered by the ICICI Bank 5-year bond @ 4.4% (if anyone wished to tie cash up for such a long period) but, as opinions4u posted, the OP needs to compare based on personal requirements/circumstances.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I don't believe the OP is genuinely trying to find a home for his/her savings as the question explicitly discounts a fundamental aspect of any choice being made.

There is another motive here.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    At a simplistic level, that rate is bettered by the ICICI Bank 5-year bond @ 4.4% (if anyone wished to tie cash up for such a long period) but, as opinions4u posted, the OP needs to compare based on personal requirements/circumstances.
    Five year tie-ups are far too long in the current climate. The West Brom option is 'reasonable' given the current poor state of affairs regarding interest rates. Would you really want to tie your cash up for five years for the sake of £1 per £1000?
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Five year tie-ups are far too long in the current climate. The West Brom option is 'reasonable' given the current poor state of affairs regarding interest rates. Would you really want to tie your cash up for five years for the sake of £1 per £1000?
    That's what I said, if you re-read my post "(if anyone wished to tie cash up for such a long period)"
  • RDB
    RDB Posts: 872 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the best rate you can actually get for 60 or 90 day notice?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RDB wrote: »
    Whats the best rate you can actually get for 60 or 90 day notice?

http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/money/savings/11/notice-savings-accounts.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport