Returning purchase after dispute claim?

Options
Dear folks,

I'm not exactly sure how the claim works for not as described items. If an item is not as described and I win a claim through paypal for that reason. Will I be required to send the item back to the seller? How does the system work? Thank you!
I know nothing

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,323 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    empfun wrote:
    Dear folks,

I'm not exactly sure how the claim works for not as described items. If an item is not as described and I win a claim through paypal for that reason. Will I be required to send the item back to the seller? How does the system work? Thank you!

If you win the chargeback claim you will be required to return the item at your own cost before you receive your refund.

It is always worth using recorded or special (depending on the cost of the item) in case either the seller claims non receipt, or in case the Royal mail do actually lose it and you need to claim.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure