For those that don't know Martin Lewis is a guest on Countdown this week, any way he was saying today if you had a 5k debt @ 19% apr and were paying back the minimum payment it would take 60 + years to pay the debt off. Students are steered into debt as soon as they go to Uni but not taught about debt. Is it any wonder we are in the mess we are in . I have never owned a credit card and never will so never realised it was the case. Thanks Martin. :beer:
I came in to this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left. :rolleyes:

Replies

• misskoolmisskool Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you don't have a 1% cashback credit card?

Anyways, this thread isn't really relevant to this board so I've moved it to Martin's appearances :)
  • bo_drinkerbo_drinker Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Just trying to point out that credit is part of the reason we are in the total mess we are in (recession) many people are surviving off the back of the credit cards now they are unemployed until they max out and move to the next one or sink. They know no other way :confused: Why?? lack of education and more so common sense :confused: And no I don't have a 1%(wow) cashback card.
    I came in to this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left. :rolleyes:
  • CCStarCCStar Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    That is scary.

I was not encouraged to get into debt as a student. I was and still am of the opinion you can have what you can afford.
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide