🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Free two month Family & Friends Railcard then an annual card half price

Options
Free Family railcard available here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1176136/A-Free-month-Family--Friends-Railcard-you.html

Valid until end of July; then from 24th July you can apply for an annual card with 50% off

:beer:

Comments

• monkeygirl31
    monkeygirl31 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    ordered mine yesterday, can't wait to use it
  • SurfBowlSC
    SurfBowlSC Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    That'll do the wife nicely.... she needs one before the Conference Play-off final at Wembley on 17th!
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that, it willl save me quite a bit over this year, have loads of days out planned with the kids. x
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FAB - thanks for the post - these cards are brilliant and if you buy your tickets with them in advance you can get days out really cheap.
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • pleaseletmein
    Options
    SurfBowlSC wrote: »
    That'll do the wife nicely.... she needs one before the Conference Play-off final at Wembley on 17th!

from the t's and c's:- Minimum group size is one adult (the named cardholder) and at least one child aged five to 15 years.
    she might have to take a kid with her when she goes
  • SurfBowlSC
    SurfBowlSC Posts: 459 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2009 at 10:35AM
    Options
    from the t's and c's:- Minimum group size is one adult (the named cardholder) and at least one child aged five to 15 years.
    she might have to take a kid with her when she goes

Hmmm.... that's a new one. I thought the Railcard could be used for just one person - that's the whole point of it.
    She's going with her dad, so maybe she'll get away with using on 2 adults instead.

The fact that a child's ticket would only be £1 means that she can just buy a kid's ticket, regardless of actually having one of the brats with her and still make a big saving....
  • alanjuk
    alanjuk Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmm.... that's a new one. I thought the Railcard could be used for just one person - that's the whole point of it.
    She's going with her dad, so maybe she'll get away with using on 2 adults instead.

The fact that a child's ticket would only be £1 means that she can just buy a kid's ticket, regardless of actually having one of the brats with her and still make a big saving....

Nope you have to travel with the kids. As far as I'm aware thats always been the case. If you travel without them they will probably charge you the full fare when you travel
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Hmm, could be dodgy ground there. This is a Family & Friends Railcard, therefore you should travel as a party. There is the risk that if there is a ticket inspector on-board (and they are actually alert) that travelling alone would breach T&C's - I think the rail tickets do say F&F or similar.
  • Englishman_in_Newport
    Options
    Just applied for mine, thanks for this
    FIRST WIN :j! "Homecoming Festival" - that was cancelled ! But onwards and upwards !!! :beer:
  • kirko
    kirko Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    signed up for mine! has anyone recived theres yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport