What does this mean? anyone advice please

Options
I`ve bid on a pair of shoes this morn, was the highest bidder and then put in a maximum bid to hopefully win them.Straight away i was told i was`nt allowed to bid on them because i`ve bought something off the buyer in the last 10days - i`ve not!
Has anyone come accross this before.
thanks val ;)

Comments

• carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    New one on me. Have you tried emailing the seller to see what he thinks?
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Completely new on me too.

Sounds like a good idea in principal to me, eBay trying to stop people increasing the price from 2nd accounts. Although the system is obviously flawed, and people bid for more than one item from the same seller so that they can get postage discount!!!
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I`ve just emailed the seller, so waiting for a reply, but even though that message came up i`ve still had email from ebay to say i`m the highest bidder.
    thanks val
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got an email back from seller, she asked me to try doing maximum bid again and let her know.I did and it worked, she reckons someone had been messing around on her pc.thanks val
  • chivvy
    chivvy Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    There is an option in the seller preferences to stop a person bidding if they are winning or have won so many items (you choose how many) in the last 10 days. You also set on the same option if you want this to apply to buyers with zero feedback, feedback of 1 etc.

I have just had to use it as I have had a French buyer with zero feedback who bid on 4 of my items up to high prices and then hasn't paid (I'm currently going through the NPB process). I've just had another French bidder with zero feedback doing the same and bidding against the first bidder (could be the same person with 2 accounts). I have removed all their bids now and got 2 nasty messages from the second bidder in French which I have reported to Ebay. Have also blocked these 2 sellers now as well.

To use this feature go to "My eBay" then on the left hand side headed "My Account" go to "Preferences" then go to "Buyer Requirements" and click "Show" on the right
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure