🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Clacton on Sea info

Options
I managed to get a bargain holiday to the Haven park in Clacton on Sea.

Very exotic

Does anyone know of any good places to go or visit in the surrounding area. ( 20 miles max driving)

I have kids aged 13,10,8 and 11 months

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello trinnylilac

I've moved your thread to the 'Days Out' board, where it should get more views and responses.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/email].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • franklally
    franklally Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Which Haven camp are you staying at? Clacton is a great place to be - especially when the sun is shining - I recommend you visit Walton on the Naze - about 6 miles (near Frinton) - if you drive out to the naze there's a tower to climb and a lovely clifftop walk is great fun for the children with plenty of undergrowth for adventure. The beaches at the bottom of the cliffs are beautiful and you can often find sharks teeth without much difficulty (they tend to lie on the surface of the damp sand).
    Then theres Walton Pier - if you can get 6 children together you can do a ride party where you get an hour on the rides (or ten-pin bowling or the indoor play area) a meal, cake and party bag for £6.95 per child - we often do this as its great value if you can get the children on and off the rides fast. Call ahead and pre-book this.
    Children always enjoy going under the pier also.
    Yates fish and chip shop is highly recommended by my family!
  • trinnylilac
    trinnylilac Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    Options
    We are going to The Orchards . Kids cant wait. Thanks so much for the ideas, its exactly what I need.
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We ( 32,34,5) stayed at highfields a couple of years ago ( in July) on a SUN holiday.
    We did not like Clacton itself, but travelled every day to Frinton-on-sea much nicer and the beach was fantastic.
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    it depends on when you are going, as to what there is do, as the weather can really put a dampner on doing anything in clacton.

tbh, it is a very run-down seaside resort, and there is little to do, other than the few shops in the town, or the rides on the pier

if its a nice day, and you fancy going onto the beach, then as said before, head up to frinton, or you can go to walton for the pier, but out of season, dont expect it to have any of the rides open, and even in the summer it shuts at about 6pm on a saturday. there is even less to do in Walton, few restaurants open of an evening, and you are lucky to even find a chippy open after 9pm out of season

Oh just noticed you are staying at the Orchards. This is still a drive away from Clacton, and the campsite is in the middle of nowhere.

If you dont mind spending money on days out for your family, then i would def recommend heading into colchester to the zoo, as its a good day out for all ages, or even just go to Colchester town for a day out, nice parks, castle, museums, rollerskating, bowling, bit of shopping, etc.

Trying to find something that appeals to your cross range of childrens ages, is a bit difficult. most of the adventure play places only take kids up to 10, and there isnt really anything that would appeal to teenagers that the younger ones could do too

Personally i would just stay on the campsite, at least it has some entertainment and an okish pool

Flea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family